If you have a CPU that cannot complete the mini_collatz work unit in less than 8 hours and would like the option to run the micro_collatz work units on your CPU, please let me know and I can enable the CPU apps for the micro_collatz work units. I disabled the OpenCL for Intel GPUs for large_collatz work units as a majority of the Intel GPUs would not be able to complete the large work units before the deadline.The deadline for work units has been increased to 14 days, up from 7. It will only take effect on newly created work units. It will not affect the work units that have already been created so there will be a mixture of them for a while. In the mean time, I have increased the grace period to 7 days so those work units with a 7 day deadline can be submitted up to 7 days late and still be awarded credit.Running longer work units reduces network bandwidth, database size, and the load on the Collatz server. When the solo app was initially released over a year ago, there was a bonus for running the solo work units. It was not removed when the multi-size logic was added. When multi-size logic was moved last week, that bonus remained in effect for all apps including micro, mini, and large apps. The purpose of the bonus was to encourage everyone to run the largest app their machine could run. I don't want to only give the bonus to fast GPUs that can run the large work units since not everyone has a GPU fast enough to run the large work units. So, rather than remove the bonus from micro, mini, and solo work units, the credit bonus will not be awarded when any work unit is completed in less than 30 minutes. That way, it is both our best interests to run longer running work units. That, and the less I have to worry about the server, the more bass fishing I can get in on the weekends. There are still a number of multi-sized solo work units mixed in with the new and larger solo work units. Please don't abort them unless they will run in under 30 minutes. The sooner they are completed, the sooner everyone will get the larger ones.

More...