Thread: Team eBlasts.

Past Administrator

Team eBlasts.

Hello team,

The mass mailing for the 5th Annual BOINC Pentathlon went out today totaling 12K+ messages. As always happens, several hundred will bounce back as undeliverable. So, if you have not received an eBlast, but would like to in the future, please notify me via PM and include a valid email address.

F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Re: Team eBlasts.

For the members who protest eblasts from the forum, couldn't you just send back a form reply advising members that they can uncheck "Receive Email from Administrators" in their forum profiles? OR better yet, include this information in the eblast?

Past Administrator

I never collect email addys from the forums. We only use the email lists collected from the projects. But the issue is as you describe.

What bothers me are the hostile reactions. Totally unnecessary as every eBlast contains a notice in the footnote on how to unsubscribe from the eBlast. And yes, I have added the how-to you suggest but it's sorta redundant at that point, as their info is already on the list. The truth is, most BOINC volunteers never make the effort to think through what that check box next to Is it OK for Project XYZ and your team (if any) to email you? implies. And IIRC that pref is an opt-out, checked by default, so it's really DA's fault.....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    so it's really DA's fault.....
    I knew it!!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Hello team,

The mass mailing for the 5th Annual BOINC Pentathlon went out today totaling 12K+ messages. As always happens, several hundred will bounce back as undeliverable. So, if you have not received an eBlast, but would like to in the future, please notify me via PM and include a valid email address.

F$
    Fantastic !