Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: hobbys

Gold Member

Re: hobbys

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Doin some catchup on the forums so.....

Thx for the source vid. so like what's next on your tuneup list?

Edit: lool on that last vid. "Don't need'm." Yeah, I counted four cars flashing their headlights at you....
    just working on the dirtbikes, trying to spend as lil money as i can have to have some surgery soon so saving all the money i can
    the camera made it look a little darker then it actually was u really didnt need ur headlights yet , that and i had an underdrive pulley on the crank pulley so my alternator wouldnt turn fast enough when cruising at low speeds, it would drop to only 30 amps at around 2,000 rpm, my fuel pumps and 2 cooling fans alone pull way more then that. ive since swaped a standard crank pulley on and an over drive pulley on the alt so now i get the full 120 amps at anything above 2,000 ish rpms , and 75 amps at idle.
    cars parked up in the barn at the farm for the winter, might still get sold but things are looking better so i prolly have it this spring time

Gold Member

got some more work done , mainly i got the transmission fixed and it didnt cost me a dime.
    somone over the years has rebuilt the bike and when the reassembled it they put on of the gears on the trans input shaft on backwards , this would cause it to be in 2 gears at once and lock the shafts solid

i need to order up a flywheel puller, timing chain,clutch kit, and piston rings for it , but next weekend i should get the bottom half of the engine back together

heres a better shot of the clutch basket/hub and clutch

and heres the trans mission the gear i have my hands on is the one that was installed upside down

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    got some more work done , mainly i got the transmission fixed and it didnt cost me a dime.
    somone over the years has rebuilt the bike and when the reassembled it they put on of the gears on the trans input shaft on backwards , this would cause it to be in 2 gears at once and lock the shafts solid

i need to order up a flywheel puller, timing chain,clutch kit, and piston rings for it , but next weekend i should get the bottom half of the engine back together

.....and heres the trans mission the gear i have my hands on is the one that was installed upside down

Glad you found the problem and that the previous rebuild didn't cause the gearbox to shred itself into junk.....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

still not 100% sure that was the whole issue as it looks like the shift drum was missing a spring/spacer to keep it in the right location in the case .
    so i really wont know if its fixed till i get the lower half of the case back together and can test it that way , either way it still didnt cost me anything to fix if it needs the spacer i think it does i can machine one myself for nothing

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    .... if it needs the spacer i think it does i can machine one myself for nothing
    Ahhhh, the beauty of having your own machine tools.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

starting to feel better and not being able to work ont he car has been driving me nuts so last night i swaped out the new rims and tires made a new mount for the intercooler and drove it home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQmCNFp5NJg

crappy night time video
    got the laptop out and its my airtemp sensor causing the super rich condition again realy need to figure that one out , not sure if its the sensor or something in the circut on the ms board going bad causing it
    tuesday ill have my new tbolt clamps so i wont have that massive boost leak and i can take some new good videos

Gold Member

got rid of those ugly chrome rims i had on the back , cleane dup the set of 15x9 centerlines i had and put those on
    225's on the fronts and 255's on the rear
    they clean up really nice

also worked on making a new sturdier intercooler mount instead of the brackets that have bene on the car since mockup

Past Administrator

Are sure it's hardware and not software? Maybe a glitch in the code or maybe it's configured for a different engine?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Are sure it's hardware and not software? Maybe a glitch in the code or maybe it's configured for a different engine?
    ive had nothing but issues witht he air temp sensor since ive started been building this car every now and then it will flake out and read really cold or really hot. i think something on the circut board of the ecm is going bad cause the sensor in it is brand new
    just need to look threw that build manual for the ecm and start checking components on the air temp sensor circuit , if its the sensor its 13$'s to replace , if its a resistor or something on the board its practically only a few pennys to fix . i pulled the ecm out of the car today and got it on the bench but havent goten any further , not like it matters i cant get any parts till monday/tuesday for it anyways

if all that checks out i can actually adjust how much control the air temp sensor has over the fuel mixture in the tunning software i have the stock temp curve in it now but i shoudl prolly dbl check that table and make sure none of the data is corrupted

Gold Member

ive bandaided it for now , by disabling feedback from the air temp sensor . that will alow me to drive it around as long as i stay out of boost , i think i eed to check the signla wire from the sensor back to the ecm and make sure it didnt get frayed and isnt grounding out on something. also need remove the thread sealant that comes on the sensor as ive read reports of it being to much on the threads causing intermitant ground issues witht he sensor, which could also cause my current fueling issues

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast