Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: hobbys

Gold Member

Re: hobbys

spent my saturday tearing down a th350c transmission to steal the output shaft and tailhousing out of it for the th350 im building for the car
    the supposedly badass th400 i have in the car now has been nothing but issues since i got it back form the builder, and after having it in an out of the car to go back to the builder im just washing my hands of it
    ill have to back the boost off a bit as the th350 isnt strong enough to handle full power from the engine but im ok with that for now till i can find a well built 4l80e to put in the car

Administrator

But you will gain about 25HP over the 400 by going with the th350 and drop some weight to boot

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    But you will gain about 25HP over the 400 by going with the th350 and drop some weight to boot
    yes i will , im also adding a lightweight vega sunshell to the th350 so that will drop a bunch of rotational weight, in the end the car will have a 4l80e 4 speed but its not something i can build myself so im putting that of ffor a while till i get over getting screwed on that th400

Administrator

I had a th350 behind a 427 in a 73 Vette for a couple of years. It was fine until I put on slicks ... that's when I found out I really needed the th400 Of course the slicks didn't help the rear end either.

Gold Member

If I can get my hands on some Power Mac G5 cases, I'm getting into the geek chic furniture biz:
    https://translate.google.com/transla...%2F&edit-text=

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I had a th350 behind a 427 in a 73 Vette for a couple of years. It was fine until I put on slicks ... that's when I found out I really needed the th400 Of course the slicks didn't help the rear end either.
    haha yup slicks will show u every weak spot u have in the driveline and chassi

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by FourOh View Post
    If I can get my hands on some Power Mac G5 cases, I'm getting into the geek chic furniture biz:
    https://translate.google.com/transla...%2F&edit-text=
    Not just G5. That chassis shipped with Intel too.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

well the turbo bike project is done atleast in it current form
    the engine is dead , went to pull the flywheel and somehow the bar we had wedging the crank slipped and i broke the piston , new pistion isnt cheap so im parting the rest of the motor/trans on ebay, i am however keeping the frame .

i happened to get my hands on a hayabusa engine i may try to shoe horn it into the suzuki frame or we have an old quad frame i will cutup and put it on that

Silver Member

Friend of mine has a 900hp supra with a th400 in it with no problems. It has all kinda billet this and billet that but im sure his supra doesn't make as much tq as your car.

All your base are belong to us!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by aux9o View Post
    Friend of mine has a 900hp supra with a th400 in it with no problems. It has all kinda billet this and billet that but im sure his supra doesn't make as much tq as your car.
    yeah the th400 i had built is loaded with good parts aparently the builder i used has recently screwed over a few ppl as i just found out on my local car club forums, soon as i get the th350 together im going ot tear down the th400 and see if i can figure out whats wrong with it

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast