Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: hobbys

Past Administrator

Re: hobbys

Sounds a tad ruff there. How long do you think it will take to get a smooth idle on that puppy?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

had a bad air temp sensor it was reading negative 60* so the ecm was commanding a ton of extra fuel , i went home grabbed my laptop fixed the sensor and took some fuel out its starting to smooth out but i have alot of tunning to do still
    the engine has 120 pound per hour injectors in it so its going to be very hard to get a good clean idle

i hhave a new video im uploading now ill post it when youtube finishes encoding it

Gold Member

getting better , but might not be able to run the 120# injectors on gas in this thing , ill see what happens as i get some more tuning done

Gold Member

i know some of u guys said u ride dirtbikes and atv's etc so yall should get a kick out of my next project i just picked up

1986 suzuki dr200
    the plan is to build something i could potentially really hurt myself with

i ordered up a carb to evi conversion kit that is turbo ready , and laptop programable
    i also ordered up an ihi rbh31 turbo charger good for 100 hp

yup im turbocharging the bike , while im at it im going to give it a cool looking flat black frame , along with a chamelon paint job on the fairings
    i have plans to extend the rear swingarm 6-12 inches but im going to hold off till i get the bike together and ride it first and see how hard is is to keep the front end down with the stock swing arm

ill get some pics up in a lil bit

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    i know some of u guys said u ride dirtbikes and atv's etc so yall should get a kick out of my next project i just picked up

1986 suzuki dr200
    the plan is to build something i could potentially really hurt myself with

i ordered up a carb to evi conversion kit that is turbo ready , and laptop programable
    i also ordered up an ihi rbh31 turbo charger good for 100 hp

yup im turbocharging the bike , while im at it im going to give it a cool looking flat black frame , along with a chamelon paint job on the fairings
    i have plans to extend the rear swingarm 6-12 inches but im going to hold off till i get the bike together and ride it first and see how hard is is to keep the front end down with the stock swing arm

ill get some pics up in a lil bit
    Sweet. Can't wait to see your progress. Good luck.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Sweet. Can't wait to see your progress. Good luck.
    the efi conversion kit is plug and play so that should be a cake walk ,
    the hard part going to be fitting a 12v battery , and the oil system for the turbo , since the engine is air cooled im building my own oiling system for the turbo , it should still be a very easy build compared to all the turbo cars i own/owned/built
    its also way cheaper then turbocharging a car
    when its done ill have to learn to not be fearless on a dirtbike ,i wrecked on a honda xr200r pretty bad over the memorial day weekend

if i keep this up i wont own a single gas powered car/truck bike etc that doesnt have some form of forced induction on it

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    getting better , but might not be able to run the 120# injectors on gas in this thing , ill see what happens as i get some more tuning done

Love that!

@F$, that idle is perfect--it's the cam causing the lopey sound.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    Love that!

@F$, that idle is perfect--it's the cam causing the lopey sound.
    its still a bit rich idling at 11.3-1 afr once i get it leaned out a lil bit more it will settle down just a tad

Gold Member

here is the project bike

Gold Member

Leave the seat off and turn it into a trials bike. You should have no problem hurting yourself on it then. ;-)
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast