Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: hobbys

Gold Member

Re: hobbys

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Leave the seat off and turn it into a trials bike. You should have no problem hurting yourself on it then. ;-)
    lol no thanks , gave the seat to my friend who is going to refoam and reupholster it for me, soon as i get out of work today im going to work on fully stripping the bike so i can strip the paint of the frame and prep it for paint , see if i cant replace the bushing for the kick start without tearing the case halfs apart, as u can see it has a pretty good oil leak from it , and start preping all the body parts for paint

other then that new chain and sprocket( gearing it up for a top speed of 90) are here, as is the HD clutch kit , still waiting on a new clutch cable ,efi conversion kit and the turbo kit

Gold Member

i worked on it some today, i was able to fix the original carb so i threw it back on the bike so i could start it up to be sure on the engines condition ,it wont start im just getting a whole lot of backfiring out the exhaust system, im thinking either the cdi box is bad or somehow it slipped time on the ex valve, my friend is much more familiar witht he suzukis then i am so hes going to come by and take a look at it for me tommorow.hopefully its something stupid so i dont have to tear ito the engine just yet.

other then that i did manage to get the bike cleaned up and was able to start preping the body panels for paint , ill get some pictures up later today as i left the cable for my phone at work

Gold Member

turns out the ex valve on the engine is bent and hanging open , not sure if im going to fix it or just stick a 2 stroke 650cc street bike engine i have on it . the problem witht he 2 stroke engine is i have never turbocharged anything 2stroke , and its alot different then the normal 4 stroke stuff when it comes to forced induction. might be a good chance to get into something new

on a side note is anyone here into or ever messed with 3d projection mapping

for those of u who dont know what that is heres a cool video

heres one on a much much larger scale

once im done building my 5 watt aerial laser id like to start playing with the 3d projection and add it to my laser show when i dj

if any of u guys have messed with it is the hardware exspensive , any diy options? how hard is the programing

Gold Member

Leave the seat off and turn it into a trials bike. You should have no problem hurting yourself on it then. ;-)
    i have no problem hurting myself on a dirtbike as it is , almost had a head on collision with a ford f-350 comming over a blind hill last saturday, this time the go pro was on my friends helmet and he caught most of my crash on video , i have a bruised knee and 2 broken fingers on my left hand ill upload the video in a lil while

Gold Member

i edited out most of the crash since there was a 3rd person there we didnt know , but skip to about 2:58 to get the general idea of what happened

oh yeah nsfw due to language in the music

Gold Member

shes comming home tonight , need to figure out why the trans wont go into park , and get the wastegates bolted back on

Gold Member

I had a Chevy Monza wagon that wouldn't shift into or out of park, but I knew what the problem was: It all started while loading a '41 Chevy pickup onto a dual axle trailer hitched up to the Monza. The pickup didn't have any brakes and also wasn't running, so we set up some blocks on the trailer with the trailer downhill of the barn where the truck was parked. We aired up the tires and rolled the truck downhill and onto the trailer. While the blocks did stop it, both the car and trailer skidded forward about 3 feet which somehow stretched the cable going from the shifter to the transmission. I could get it into gear but it wouldn't go back into park until I swapped out the cable. Only a few weeks later, one of the pistons blew on the Monza. I guess that little six just wasn't made to pull 3 tons for a hundred miles.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Gold Member

I had a Chevy Monza wagon that wouldn't shift into or out of park, but I knew what the problem was: It all started while loading a '41 Chevy pickup onto a dual axle trailer hitched up to the Monza. The pickup didn't have any brakes and also wasn't running, so we set up some blocks on the trailer with the trailer downhill of the barn where the truck was parked. We aired up the tires and rolled the truck downhill and onto the trailer. While the blocks did stop it, both the car and trailer skidded forward about 3 feet which somehow stretched the cable going from the shifter to the transmission. I could get it into gear but it wouldn't go back into park until I swapped out the cable. Only a few weeks later, one of the pistons blew on the Monza. I guess that little six just wasn't made to pull 3 tons for a hundred miles.

the shifter cable is the issue , unfortunatly oem cables are no longer available, last summe i installed a aftermarket cable after my oem cable snapped. the replacement cables are crap and never adjust right either u have issues with park, or first gear so for the time being im going to adjust it so i have a good first gear and use the ebrake for parking

Gold Member

well i had osme bigger issues to deal with, the cam i originally speced out for the engine had to agressive of a cam lobe on it for todays new oils and i ended up eating a lobe of the cam.
    over the past few days we pulled the engine cleaned it out and installed a camshaft that was much tamer that i had laying around

Gold Member

been waiting to purchase one of these to clean up the wiring in the car and its finally here

touch/programable switch panel, with its own relay center

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast