Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: hobbys

Gold Member

Re: hobbys

camaro = official race car now

last week i purchased my parachute , and a new fuel system

i ordered up a holley dominator 12-1800 fuel pump which is capable of supporting 1800 hp on gasoline , and 1300 hp on e85 , need to change the fuel line sin the car form 3/8's to 5/8's inch lines
    and this week im going to work on making a nice remeovable chute mount for the car so i can keep the car looking somewhat liek a stock camaro

Gold Member

just ordered a set of theese for the front

along with some nexon sb802 front tires 165/80/15

im holding off on the rears till i know what im doing for the rear end , if i can get a 9 inch housing .5 shorter per side im going to get the 15x10's for the rear , if i get stuck using the stock width dana 60 ill get the 15x8's and run a 275 tire

hoping for the 15x10's as im not a small tire fan
    wheels and tires should be here by tuesday or wensday at the latest

parachute and tubing for that should be here tommorow morning

i also ordered up all the misc pieces i need to install the nx direct port nitrous kit
    ordered swingouts for the cage and the padding/window net i need

later this week im going to place my order for a set of glass doors and rear suspension parts,front drag springs and a set of front struts
    i want this car finished completly by the end of january so im going to be hitting it hard over the next 2 months

Gold Member

i didnt get to do much today but my new front wheels and tires arrived today
    summit racing drag-thrusts in 15x4 for the fronts along with a set of nexon sb802 165/80/15 front tires

Platinum Member

Well, on the Mumps front, I just replaced my front turn signal bulb as well as a brake light. That's about the tops of my auto skillz set.

Diamond Member

How is this for the most lame ever? I noticed my right rear tire was damn low when I got into my Yukon XL leaving work. I stopped at the gas station, to put in air. Noticed a nail in the tire. When I got home, I was about to crawl under the truck to throw down some cardboard, lower the spare, then do the swap, etc. I said fuck it, and called AAA. They arrived in under an hour, did all the work I was going to do, and it cost me nothing (aside from my annual fee). All this while I was on a business call. For the record, I gave the dude a twenty tip. Does that make me less of a man. I am pretty sure the answer is yes. OTOH, I am okay with that.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    How is this for the most lame ever? I noticed my right rear tire was damn low when I got into my Yukon XL leaving work. I stopped at the gas station, to put in air. Noticed a nail in the tire. When I got home, I was about to crawl under the truck to throw down some cardboard, lower the spare, then do the swap, etc. I said fuck it, and called AAA. They arrived in under an hour, did all the work I was going to do, and it cost me nothing (aside from my annual fee). All this while I was on a business call. For the record, I gave the dude a twenty tip. Does that make me less of a man. I am pretty sure the answer is yes. OTOH, I am okay with that.

id have done the same thing , i cant stand stupid repairs like that , though i do carry a plug kit in every car or truck i own just incase i get something in the tire, i usually just plug it on the spot

Platinum Member

There is such a thing as a plug kit? Geez, something else I should look for at the AutoZone up the street. Been putting off getting the piece of wire causing a slow leak in my rear driver side tire pulled and plugged because I'm so cheap I didn't want to spend the $15 to have my mechanic do it because I'd have to actually take the car in.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    There is such a thing as a plug kit? Geez, something else I should look for at the AutoZone up the street. Been putting off getting the piece of wire causing a slow leak in my rear driver side tire pulled and plugged because I'm so cheap I didn't want to spend the $15 to have my mechanic do it because I'd have to actually take the car in.

yeah they normally sell a cheap one and an exspensive one , get the one that costs more as the tools that come in it are much better quality and wont fold up like a wet noodle on ya when u try to use it ,i think the good kit is 15-20 bucks and comes with 6 plugs , if ya end up ever using them all u can buy plug refills for a few bucks

Diamond Member

They sent that to my email but maybe is more for you than to me dave c, I dont really know if is of any interest to you but there it is ...

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Smart...3mdAdAPSTVemw1
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast