Wow what an amazing two weeks. A big thank you to the Team at SETI.Germany for hosting an amazing event, and secondly a massive thank you to everyone how contributed to theSkyNet POGS as part of the 5th BOINC Pentathlon, special, one of a kind trophies will be making their way to your trophy cabinets (on theSkyNet.org) soon. More details on the prizes will follow shortly.

Congratulations to the winners Planet 3DNow! Who put in a truly galactic effort processing 37,617,784 credits across the two week challenge.

As promised I put together some stats about the challenge, if there is something else you are wondering about let me know and I’ll see if I can figure it out.

Participation rates during the Pentathlon:

• Total participants on theSkyNet POGS as part of the Pentathlon: 1936 users
  • Total participants on theSkyNet POGS during the Pentathlon: 5968 users
  • Percentage of theSkyNet POGS participants that were involved in the Pentathlon: 32.4% Total number of teams that participated in the Boinc Pentathlon: 30 teams

Credits awarded on theSkyNet POGS during the Pentathlon:

• Total credit: 342,546,591 credits
  • Total credit award to Pentathlon: 260,477,572 credits
  • Percentage of credit that was awarded to Pentathlon teams: 76% Highest Peak RAC for a single user during the Pentathlon on theSkyNet POGS: 420,360 RAC Mumps (SETI.USA)

TFLOPS on theSkyNet POGS during the Pentathlon:

• Overall peak: 190.20 TFLOPS
  • Previous best: ~112 TFLOPS
  • Overall average: 130.37 TFLOPS Average for Pentathlon teams: 99.08 TFLOPS

Server/Project Stats

• Galaxies processed during the Pentathlon: 5000 galaxies
  • Peak CPU load on the main server: 65% cpu load for an hour on the morning of the 5th Data Transfer from our serves to the outside world: 278GB in and 781GB out

Happy Crunching
Alex

More...