Thread: willymac68

willymac68

willymac68

A little bit about me, I'm an 83 years young male, I have had BOINC, YO-YO and another one I can't remember now, BOINC for about 8 years or so and I have changed computers at least twice and didn't have any trouble reloading any thing. I last worked in Nevada at the nuclear test site, for 13 years, Prior to that I worked for several different aircraft company's but never could hang on for the required 5 years to get any pension, got close on a couple of them but not close enough!!!!! I would not recommend anyone starting out on a new job to stay away from all of them unless you have an electronics degree!!!!! Any way, I'm married, have one daughter, 53 years old, and disabled. My wife has Parkinson's and at times she is really shaking it up, Most of the time tho, it is pretty much controlled. Have to take her to Vermont every three months to get botox shots in her legs, we live in Au Sable Forks, NY so it is just a ferry's ride across Lake Champlain to Burlington, Vt.
    Well I think that is enough, so bye-bye.
    Bill McKiernan

Gold Member

Re: willymac68

Welcome, Bill. My nephew has been at BOINC for 3 years now. He was pretty worried about his job but the other union members accepted the offer so he's safe (I hope) for another couple years. Last company I worked for before starting my own never put any money into the pension so I have less dollars from them than I had in a single year contributing to my own pension and my first job was 4 yrs. 10 months so no pension there either. But, since I'm not retired yet, I'm hoping to make it up somehow.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Administrator

Hi Bill, thanks for joining up with us and welcome to the forums! I hear you on the retirement thing - owning my own practice, there is no pension...but that's just life and so you roll with the punches, I guess. Glad you seem to have worked it out somehow, and best wishes for your future, the health of your family and crunching.
    Just ask around if you need anything and don't be a stranger on here!

Diamond Member

Hello willymac68
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

Hi Bill! Glad to have you here.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Past Administrator

Hello Bill. Sorry for the late reply. RL has put a lot on my plate lately.

anyhoot, glade to see you on the boards.

Peace,
    F$

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Z-TAC

83! I have computers older than you. Let us know how we can help.

willymac68

I'm sure you don't have comps older than me, but?????? What I need is to be able to reinstall BOINC, every time I try, I get an error that tells me it can't find the downloaded file.