Thread: Waiting to run (Scheduler wait: VM environment needed to be cleaned up.)

Advisor - Stateside Division

Waiting to run (Scheduler wait: VM environment needed to be cleaned up.)

Anyone know what this is, I have it on 7 ATLAS wu's on a machine. Stopped/started, aborted, happens with every atlas wu now. Just sit there and won't run, no other cpu projects running in this BOINC instance so the machine is essentially idle.

Haven't rebooted yet (will try that later), but wondered if anyone had seen it and had a solution.

Bok

Diamond Member

Re: Waiting to run (Scheduler wait: VM environment needed to be cleaned up.)

Atlas take a lot of disk space, around 15GB for each WU, maybe it is just lost trying to make the task and using the memory and swapping more than it can.

Too much swapp I would say till it is lost and abort, sorry if I had said something wrong afterall was with the best of intentions.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Platinum Member

I've also noticed a few ATLAS WU's where the VM Guest gets abandoned, but the BOINC Client doesn't realize it. Sometimes, getting a message about "The VM is not manageable. Starting again later" In cases like that, I just launched virtualbox directly and simply Ctrl-R remove any of the boinc_* Guests that aren't running and choose to delete the files. Probably means no credit for any work done, but it's a new project after all. Comes with the territory.

Advisor - Stateside Division

Thanks,

I'd been trying to get to the VirtualBox controller but couldn't get in. Finally did and there were around 60 of those dead sessions! I killed them all and now have some running again. Looking forward to the 100K mark on this project so I don;t have to run it any more.. Along with BoincFiit!!