Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: my budget crunching pc build

Gold Member

Re: my budget crunching pc build

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Dave, you might want to reconsider delidding any Intel CPU prior to Ivy Bridge. Before Ivy, all Intel CPUs had their IHS (Integrated Heat Spreader) soldered to to cores. Trying to delid such a CPU will result in destroying the cores.

As to the Air 540, It's a very interesting case. Enjoy.

Edit: Here is a video review from TastyPC. Man, I love her..... accent

the lid on the 6400 shouldnt be soldered , atleast from what i have read, i can see the glue all the way around it,if it does turn out to be soldered its no big deal, i have a stack of these cpus and only 1 machine that can run them.thats why i practiced lapping on those first before i grabbed my fx cpu. i know the lid is soldered to my fx for sure

edit

that girl is hotttttttttttt
    Last edited by dave c; 07-13-14 at 10:20 PM.

Gold Member

lapped the fx today( and the heatsink) , actually just a few mins ago and got the box back up and running , between lapping and using artic silver 5 its running about 5*c cooler then before hell the fan hasnt even gone into high speed mode yet , still on the stock amd cooler. ill give it a few hours and then fire up the last 2 cores with work and see what it does. going to see if i can get the core duo machines back up and running as well later tonight

Gold Member

camera wont take a damn decent pic but heres one of the core duo's was practicing on

Past Administrator

Nice! Did you polish with paste after lapping?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Nice! Did you polish with paste after lapping?

no thats all done from lapping i went all the way up to 3600 grit , took a long time but i was bored and needed something to do

on a side note it barley helped on my fx machine between the lapping and arctic silver 5 im still running at 48*c with it over clocked and running wot , prolly going to switch up to some water cooling

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234