Quick update on the overclocking...

Took the tower up to a friends computer store during the second day of the PG challenge. After taking the cooler off he said the thermal grease had been pushed to one side after a time and was the primary culprit on my mystery shutdowns. Recieved the computer back a couple hours later with a new batch of thermal grease installed and proceeded to crank it to the hilt.

Needless to say I was still running hot at 60C but I had all four cores at least. Tuned it down to 100mhz overclock and it kept till the end of the challenge. After the challenge ended I was able to see that the thermal grease had finally set and brought the temp down to a comfortable 52C so decided today to crank it back up to 600mhz overclock and it's sitting pretty at 56-57C.

I haven't been able to overclock the ram just yet but I'm not entirely sure its needed at this point. The motherboard came with desktop overclocking tools but they only go from 1333 to 1600 which I'm thinking is just too big of a jump right now to try and take. Will see about going into the bios again and starting with some small steps. Trial and error will have to be done till I can get the maximum amount of power out of the tower. I appreciate all you guys have done to help with the issue. Thanks!