Thread: Milkyway@home lost it's US Nation Science Foundation grant, it needs our help

Platinum Member

Exclamation Milkyway@home lost it's US National Science Foundation grant, it needs our help

Got an email saying they lost their grant from the US National Science Foundation and they need help. I am sending in a donation, I know we have a few people on here who can help out with one of our biggest credit return projects.

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1225...id=1&pgid=3676

Oh they will give a donor badge for our badge seekers too.

Last edited by denim; 07-02-14 at 08:44 AM.

Gold Member

Re: Milkyway@home lost it's US Nation Science Foundation grant, it needs our help

That happens when you don't publish because they don't have publishable results. It also means that what is being simulated is rubbish. Do not give them money. It is a mistake.

Diamond Member

Re: Milkyway@home lost it's US Nation Science Foundation grant, it needs our help

They should launch a bit coin app for ASICs. That way they can generate funds without competing with the science resources.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pinhodecarlos View Post
    That happens when you don't publish because they don't have publishable results. It also means that what is being simulated is rubbish. Do not give them money. It is a mistake.
    That's a shame to hear. Maybe I should switch my Milkyway efforts to Cosmology & Einstein instead.

Platinum Member

RPI sent me a hand written thank you note for my donation to the project.

Gold Member

I guess the NSF decided one BOINC project that has had no results in 37 years (a.k.a. SETI) is enough. LOL. When HTC contacted me about the Collatz app (which I admin has a very slim chance of dispriving the conjecture but I don't accept donations either), HTC wanted to make sure that it wasn't funded by an NSF grant before they would add it to their HTC Power to Give application. Hmmmmm..... Does NSF = Pork Belly spending????
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)