Thread: Idiot Moment: How do I stop getting MW multithread WUs?

Platinum Member

Idiot Moment: How do I stop getting MW multithread WUs?

I'm sure this is obvious, but I'm having a mental episode. I'm running MW for WUProp hours only right now, and don't give a damn about credits or anything like that. I just want hours. But the MT WUs are making it really hard to rack up hours.

Anyway, it looks like there are N-Body WUs and N-Body (mt) WUs. But I didn't see a box to uncheck in my MW account. How do I make them go away, aside from aborting them when I see them?

Diamond Member

Re: Idiot Moment: How do I stop getting MW multithread WUs?

1) Try using app_config.xml to set max concurrent. Not sure if that will work.

2) Run them in a VM with BOINC set to just the number of threads you want. This is how I manage it.

3) Maybe App_info? But that will be the most difficult, IMO.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Re: Idiot Moment: How do I stop getting MW multithread WUs?

So I'm not blind and dumb (well, at least in this respect)? I thought for certain that there had to be some easy box to check to stop getting those MT wus. Well, since what I'm planning on doing with MW will take less than a day, I'll just abort them manually. But thanks for the ideas... I'd thought of #1, but not 2 or 3.