Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not requesting tasks: don't need

Platinum Member

Re: Not requesting tasks: don't need

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    Bitcoin Utopia on ASICs. Not the NCI variety. When I run any other CPU project, I get that "don't need" b.s. I have to suspend BU, update, and resume BU. When that cache is done I have to do it again. I have BU set to max_concurrent of 1, and any other projects I make an app_config to max_concurrent of 7 (on an 8 core machine).
    Are you running any of the QCN family of projects? Those ones wreak havoc with me getting new tasks...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Are you running any of the QCN family of projects? Those ones wreak havoc with me getting new tasks...
    No, not a one. It only happens with my BU machines. I remember you posting about QCN but I'm seeing it with BU.

Platinum Member

No, not a one. It only happens with my BU machines. I remember you posting about QCN but I'm seeing it with BU.
    Well, damn. I'm not sure I can be of much help; not running BU on a machine crunching anything else. I just know that the BU NCI WUs play very nicely with other projects.

Diamond Member

Bitcoin Utopia on ASICs. Not the NCI variety. When I run any other CPU project, I get that "don't need" b.s. I have to suspend BU, update, and resume BU. When that cache is done I have to do it again. I have BU set to max_concurrent of 1, and any other projects I make an app_config to max_concurrent of 7 (on an 8 core machine).
    Yes, this is because BOINC doesn't know that you have x threads dedicated one project, and y threads dedicated to another. It is not smart enough to know about your app_config.xml's. The best solution I have found is to run BU in the native BOINC, and then run all the rest of your projects in a VM. Each with a wuprop task, of course.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12