Diamond Member

Re: Teams Helping Teams

NICE myshortpencil
    witch-hop.gif
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by myshortpencil View Post
    50.4 billion credits for our friends at BlackOps Team. I'm now back at SUSA.
    You stopped a little early, they haven't knocked us down to #2 Combined yet.

Diamond Member

Myshortpencil is the biggest cruncher for the team, NOW.

He is paying for his crunching and has the right to decide where he is going to put it.

Freedom is a strange thing, for some the right of option, for others the right to criticize.

I am sure we have people on that small team that are trying to make a point. I was there also for a small time.

I may not agree with them (on full scale) but I respect their option because for me is FREEDOM above all.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    Myshortpencil is the biggest cruncher for the team, NOW.

He is paying for his crunching and has the right to decide where he is going to put it.

Freedom is a strange thing, for some the right of option, for others the right to criticize.

I am sure we have people on that small team that are trying to make a point. I was there also for a small time.

I may not agree with them (on full scale) but I respect their option because for me is FREEDOM above all.
    Duke, I didn't say that he doesn't have the right to crunch where he wants. I just said he didn't complete the task of knocking us down a position. Everyone who wants to contribute to the success of other teams certainly has that right.

It does bother me some that MSP comes on the SUSA forums and brags about it. But then again, I guess I'm just sensitive on the subject of SUSA success.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Duke, I didn't say that he doesn't have the right to crunch where he wants. I just said he didn't complete the task of knocking us down a position. Everyone who wants to contribute to the success of other teams certainly has that right.

It does bother me some that MSP comes on the SUSA forums and brags about it. But then again, I guess I'm just sensitive on the subject of SUSA success.
    For sure I am very sensitive to SUSA success also, Bryan, I think you know that.

CP and Steve, even if I never spoke with them about this matter, I am sure they both are also.

I will wait and see what the future will bring to us, anyway I will be on this team even if the team was the last team on Boinc Stats.

I said since the beginning that BU credits would be very bad for BOINC, you see, money is not so important to me, never was.

Silver Member

* * * It does bother me some that MSP comes on the SUSA forums and brags about it. * * * *
    Comes on the SUSA forums? I've never left the team. Is there some reason why I shouldn't be coming onto the forum?

Brags? Since when is documenting donations bragging? I know that in the past this hasn't been done, but I think it should be. It's important, in my opinion, for SUSA to be known as a team that has goodwill for all. When other teams crunch for us, I think we should document their donations to us. I *think* it brings the BOINC community closer together.

As for the magnanimity of my contribution to BlackOps Team, it amounted to a mere 10 days of their daily output without my help. Whether they pass us or not, 10 days of credits doesn't much matter. And while I was donating 50 billion to BlackOps Team, I was also crunching over 22 Billion for SUSA on another member's account. So, relative to SUSA the donation was more like 27 billion--about 5 days of BOT daily output--while relative to Sici* and other teams, it was 50 billion.

I really don't see much to brag about. I hope this is helpful. Also, I'm sure Bryan has contributed more to SUSA and to other teams than I ever have, which I enthusiastically applaud.

Past Admin
    They seek me here, they seek me there, they seek me everywhe, currently Down Under.

I like to clarify my point of view on this since I am implicated albeit indirectly. You know that I consider you as a friend so I ask please do not get offended for I do not wish to loose that friendship. On this occasion however, I consider that you are wrong in criticizing a member of your team by making sly remarks that could offend. The old idiom that sticks and stones will hurt my back but words will never hurt me is wrong in my opinion. In the English language in particular you will often find that statements are taken out of context for especially in the written means of communicating the reader often perceives the meaning of the word or sentence other than what the writer intended.

So, let me say how I read your remarks: "I just said he didn't complete the task of knocking us down a position." I perceive that this sentence implies that the BlackOps Team has a target of knocking SUSA down a position. The true position is that BlackOps had a "target" of knocking sici down a position. You will see on my website that I have stated that I have no intention of chasing and knocking out SUSA since I am a Friend of SUSA and have helped and will help the Team whenever I am needed.

As regards: "It does bother me some that MSP comes on the SUSA forums and brags about it." I do not understand why it should bother you that a member of your team helped a friend team, after all you yourself helped us in the beginning for awhile. Nobody accused you of bragging when you announced that you will help us when you left or when you returned. Making statements like that is not the way of winning friends.

My apologies for bursting out like this but I guess I am too old and sensitive but I have an obligation to defend my Team and those who helped us for Victory is not a Victory unless it is achieved with honor.

finally, please be aware that in the event sici decides to challenge that position I and I am sure the other (two) Team members will defend the position with vigor. Should SUSA decide not to get involved
    and defend your position we will not stop because you are in the way for I will not allow sici to win.

Past Admin
    They seek me here, they seek me there, they seek me everywhe, currently Down Under.

Correction to my previous post. My humble apologies for I am not entirely correct. It seems I had a pensioner moment for although I did say that I have no intention in making SUSA my target in one thread, I also said in another that it sounds like a plan to continue crunching towards the number one spot as I agreed that we should solidify our position. Having said that, I doubt it will make much difference to you guys as I can not run all my farm due to our summer heat during the day and storms at night. By the time I can return to full output I believe Boinc United will not be around as it will not matter when the powers to be and stat sites decide not to include them in their stats.

Silver Member

I'll say this.
    I only crunch for SETI.USA and that is all.
    All of my 2015 credits will count for only this team for Formula Boinc and for the upcoming Pentathlon.

Diamond Member

I think that is the price we must pay for FREEDOM. Some want to HELP other teams, some want to CRUNCH only within their team.

I have helped other teams according to my own opinion, I cant help all the teams that deserve my help anyway, I am not such a big cruncher.

I dont think we should talk much more about this and I would like that you all respect others options.

Something we dont need is this kind of sterile discussions, in the end each one will stay with his own opinion.
    We had enough problems lately and a lot of people that are not in the team now because of nothing, time to get back to do what we all do here, crunching for BOINC.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast