Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Teams Helping Teams

Platinum Member

Re: Teams Helping Teams

No matter how you slice it, that is an insane amount of credits, and in 10 days that is more than 10 times my lifetime contribution. Haha. Welcome back MSP.

Gold Member

I'm not opposed to helping other teams. @MSP has helped many other teams, and has given a lot of help to Ste\/e & CP over at BlackOpsTeam. On the flip side, when I put out a call to arms, if we're in danger of losing a challenge, I see @CP & Ste\/e helping us without hesitation. That's what it's about, and it's appreciated.

Silver Member

My question on the discussion over helping other teams is this: "What would be considered unethical?"

Seti.USA has helped many teams in the past and I urge our members to continue to do so. I would suggest we draw some lines though to help out those that do decide to help others if they wish to. Guidelines that show what to expect if you crunch for SIC* for example... ;P

Personally I do not mind helping "ANY" team as long as it does not effect the outcome of a challenge that Seti.USA is competing to win on.
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Past Administrator

I'm doing my best not to wade in the waters too deep here. The past 6 years that I've been a member of this team came during a time which was not exactly all rosy for my family and I in real life, so I gained a little better perspective through perseverance. During those times, some of you have become those I would count among my truest friends, beside my own family. I feel connected to each cruncher on this team in some way, and no, I don't mean that as any new-agey, liberal tinged B.S. To say it plainly, I mean that it hurts a part of me when anyone on this team leaves less than 100% satisfied. Because in the end, we are *all* teammates.

SETI.USA has always been a "crunch what you want, when you want, and how you want" team. I don't think anything will ever change that. A "loose system" team setup like this causes some interesting moments. But, you can't have it two ways in life, and I would pick this way every time. A tight system (think dictatorship), allows for "loose" people. RULES become what binds people together, and little else matters, because there are rule enforcers. Team SETI.USA (within reason) doesn't have that, we don't want that, and we don't need that.

What we do have however, a loose system (i.e. true freedom), requires "tight" people in order to run smoothly. Tight people are strong people; tight people have ambitions, tight people accept the responsibility for their actions that comes hand in hand with their freedom. Strong people have strong opinions. Differing opinions from all members are something we have to come to terms with.

But I'll stand by this: we don't need more rules. We just need to keep stoking the fires of passion for what we do, and how we do it as a team. When the first class cause is given the first class loyalty, everything else falls into place. The more UNITED we can be, on EVERY level, the STRONGER of a family we become.

Gold Member

Damn right, on all counts. You are a gentleman and a scholar, my friend.

Vic (mobile)

Diamond Member

Freedom and more freedom to fight against silence and fear of saying the true.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Silver Member

Could we please move this topic back to the lounge? Putting it in team discussion defeats the whole purpose of the topic.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by myshortpencil View Post
    Could we please move this topic back to the lounge? Putting it in team discussion defeats the whole purpose of the topic.
    I think (yes, sometimes I do it), we are solving a problem and making a new one. I can see very dark clouds in the team sky, I would think this all problem better.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Platinum Member

Done.

Past Administrator

Please just remember when posting to this thread now that it's in the lounge, everyone in the entire world with an Internet connection can read it. Even your Mom, and she doesn't have to be logged into the forums to do so, either.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast