Gold Member

misc dj/pro sound/stage lighting gear

figure somone here may be interested
    i have a 4 head 2 red 2 green with mixed yellow dmx laser
    comes with power cord and laser

identical to this

will get up actual pics soon and also have videos of it in operation

300$ + shipping
    Last edited by dave c; 08-11-14 at 05:08 PM.

Gold Member

Re: 4 head 1w stage laser

kind of a crappy video , but its hard to record a laser at only 30fps consodering how fast the beams move

i do have two 5.5watt full color dmx/ilda aerial lasers but im not sure i want to part with those yet as they are my pride and joy when it comes to my dj/lighting stuff
    if anyone is seriously interested let me know

Silver Member

Quick q's, what sort of power requirements and heat issues if any? Is it programable? (I'll look at the vid after work since I can't view it atm.)

Interested due to our annual All Hallows Eve walkway we do every year. Might be nice to add some overhead lighting effects.
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge104 View Post
    Quick q's, what sort of power requirements and heat issues if any? Is it programable? (I'll look at the vid after work since I can't view it atm.)

Interested due to our annual All Hallows Eve walkway we do every year. Might be nice to add some overhead lighting effects.
    it runs in a few different modes , auto mode wich will cycle threw a bunch of different effects and patterns , sound mode which the lasers respond to sound and music and has a sensitivity adjustment , or dmx controlled mode
    dmx control gives u the most control over the laser, u can control pattern size, laser movement speed,strobe effects, color, the patterns and effects that are displayed + a bunch of other stuff

a simple controller would be something like this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stock-192...item33930ad977

on on the other hand did mine with software -- http://www.venuemagic.com/
    as i was controlling alot of light and laser fixtures and using the software allowed me to control the lighting directly from my dj hardware

power is standard 110v wall plug
    ive never run the lasers continuous for very long periods of time but if i had to i would do 1 hour on and 10 mins off ( blackout mode) as it has built in cooling fans and heatsinks on all the laser diodes , blackout mode leaves the unit powered up by the diodes off so the cooling fans run.though with the active cooling on the unit i bet u could run this thing for 2-3 hours at a time without shutting it off

heres an example of a pair of my lasers programed to a song using venue magic
    watch in 1080hd if u can

btw if u need smoke machines and or any other type of lighting let me know i have everything from strobes to derby and moving head lights /scanners

edit
    heres what they look like withou tthe smoke
    Last edited by dave c; 08-12-14 at 03:25 PM.

Silver Member

You've definitely sparked my interest with the fog machines but I doubt you have any smaller units. The area I'm trying to cover is 20x40x2 with the fog so I'm figuring a 2k cfm machine is more then what I need though real world weather might throw a kink in that thinking. I already have a 500W unit that I use for the walkway but I would love to get another unit to help with atmosphere in the graveyard. I doubt I would need anything larger then 3k cfm.

Unfortunately the wife nixed the lasers for now . I even offered to put up some material to block them from bouncing around the block but she thinks the neighbors will come back to bite us if we start shooting lasers around. The Walkway/grave yard started out with just us scaring some kids and now its turned into a yearly get together with around ten of our friends helping us with crowd control and jump scares. Going onto our fourth year now and the numbers have jumped from just a couple hundred kids to nearly a thousand kids/adults stopping by to have a bit of fun before continuing around the town.

Rules are simple, "survive" and make it to the porch and say trick or treat and you get candy. Some times the younger ones get a free pass, especially if they break down crying before the steps. I still need to figure out a dignified response to those that don't want to get into the season and show up without a costume to demand candy without saying the proper phrase. I'm thinking a box of bibles maybe?
    Chad Kroeger

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge104 View Post
    You've definitely sparked my interest with the fog machines but I doubt you have any smaller units. The area I'm trying to cover is 20x40x2 with the fog so I'm figuring a 2k cfm machine is more then what I need though real world weather might throw a kink in that thinking. I already have a 500W unit that I use for the walkway but I would love to get another unit to help with atmosphere in the graveyard. I doubt I would need anything larger then 3k cfm.

Unfortunately the wife nixed the lasers for now . I even offered to put up some material to block them from bouncing around the block but she thinks the neighbors will come back to bite us if we start shooting lasers around. The Walkway/grave yard started out with just us scaring some kids and now its turned into a yearly get together with around ten of our friends helping us with crowd control and jump scares. Going onto our fourth year now and the numbers have jumped from just a couple hundred kids to nearly a thousand kids/adults stopping by to have a bit of fun before continuing around the town.

Rules are simple, "survive" and make it to the porch and say trick or treat and you get candy. Some times the younger ones get a free pass, especially if they break down crying before the steps. I still need to figure out a dignified response to those that don't want to get into the season and show up without a costume to demand candy without saying the proper phrase. I'm thinking a box of bibles maybe?

i have some small chuavet 500w units that i used to feed threw dry ice bins to make ground fog , other then that everything i have is fairly large
    let me get u a link to some cheap and low powered lasers 5-50mv and u wont have to worry about shooting lasers for miles down the block

Gold Member

something like this would work out well for u
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-LASE...item3393929d8f
    would prolly just cover that 20x40 area
    these are also neat
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-sell-Min...item5ae89d700b

^^ i buy those cheap lasers and pull them apart to build low power animation lasers out of them for small spaces

this would also work good if u dont want to buy something really old
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-DJ-...item4161315930

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    something like this would work out well for u
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-LASE...item3393929d8f
    would prolly just cover that 20x40 area
    these are also neat
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-sell-Min...item5ae89d700b

^^ i buy those cheap lasers and pull them apart to build low power animation lasers out of them for small spaces

this would also work good if u dont want to buy something really old
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-DJ-...item4161315930
    I'm thinking of doing some RGB smd LEDs along the ground vise a laser effect. Having a simple control board or just do a "Kipkay" and waste a bunch button cell batteries for the night. This would make sure there are no seizures to put on the house insurance
    Chad Kroeger

Gold Member

price drop before i stick it on ebay
    250$ shipped , ill even throw in a small smoke machine , as i only have one left and its not really worth selling

also i have an dj controller
    hercules rmx console always taken care of ,lights faders, knobs , buttons all 100%, includes carry case , cables and manual
    controls 2-4 decks, works with just about all major dj software vdj,tracktor,abelton live etc etc etc , can also be used as a standalone midi controller for other things like triggers and lights
    100$ + shipping
    hercules-dj-console-rmx1.jpg

Gold Member

come to think of it sine it looks like my good pc died and i need to replace it possible trades for pc stuff?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast