Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: old school amd athlon 750mhz slot a build

Platinum Member

Re: old school amd athlon 750mhz slot a build

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    thats actually not a bad idea , i just need to find some free table space to do it , though i guess the floor would work if i put a piece of plywood or something down over the carpet.
    on the other hand my cat will deffinatly want to explore the new playground that has apeared on the floor lmao
    Mount it on some plywood, then put it up on a wall and call it art. Avant garde or something.

Silver Member

thats actually not a bad idea , i just need to find some free table space to do it , though i guess the floor would work if i put a piece of plywood or something down over the carpet.
    on the other hand my cat will deffinatly want to explore the new playground that has apeared on the floor lmao

I was kidding but if you do try something of the type I would suggest some furnace filters put around to keep the cat hair off of the components. I've lost some UPS's and nearly burned the house down due to the cat loving the static feel or something...
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Gold Member

Plywood screwed to a PVC frame with a couple T connectors for a base so you can run it upright should work if the GPUs will remain seated.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Gold Member

im pretty sure the cpu can keep 2 gt430's fed what do u think about it feeding 4?

Platinum Member

im pretty sure the cpu can keep 2 gt430's fed what do u think about it feeding 4?
    I think that would depend on the project. If you put those on PG's PPS Sieve CUDA app, it would be a bit tight, but I think the CPU could feed 4. If you went Einstein or Poem, you'd have a really hard time even feeding two. Not sure about the other projects...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    I think that would depend on the project. If you put those on PG's PPS Sieve CUDA app, it would be a bit tight, but I think the CPU could feed 4. If you went Einstein or Poem, you'd have a really hard time even feeding two. Not sure about the other projects...
    i got the athlon up but seems i only have 256mb of ram thats any good so it wont really be of any use to me for any purpose except maybe an web/ftp server on my home network for sharing media files across my home network , so im going to put the dell back up instead with the core duo processor installed, i have 2 brand new 1gb sticks of ram for that

Platinum Member

What kind of RAM would go with that Athlon?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    What kind of RAM would go with that Athlon?
    pc100/133

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12