Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milkyway help

Silver Member

Re: Milkyway help

ha ha! I need to stop spending a hour trying to figure somthing out then post on here. cause after i post on here i figure it out everytime! I should just post on here first so I figure it out quicker! I got it working !

All your base are belong to us!

Silver Member

Guys I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of days and can't seem to pin point the problem. The problem is when I was just running my one 7970 on milkyway I was getting over 300k per day. Now I am running the 7970, 6950, gtx570hd, and 2 gtx760's and I am only getting 400k per day. I have all of them running 4 wu's at a time and I am out of ideas.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by aux9o View Post
    Guys I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of days and can't seem to pin point the problem. The problem is when I was just running my one 7970 on milkyway I was getting over 300k per day. Now I am running the 7970, 6950, gtx570hd, and 2 gtx760's and I am only getting 400k per day. I have all of them running 4 wu's at a time and I am out of ideas.
    Try limiting your work to Milkyway@Home only (uncheck Modified Fit). Then keep an eye on your results times and look for anomalies or errors. Your Nvidia cards aren't going to contribute much because they have very low Double Precision processing power compared to your 69xx and 79xx AMD cards. I would expect around 325k for the 7970, 225k for the 6950, and 40-45k for each of your Nvidia cards.

On Milkyway, you can lower your memory clocks as low as they'll go to save power & heat - giving you more room to OC your GPU clocks.

Silver Member

another problem! I am running a 6950 and 7970 on milkyway but the 6950 only puts errors out on milkyway@home. It will run all other projects fine but for the most credit I need to run milkyway@home. Any ideas? The 7970 runs them fine with no problems but I have both cards in same computer and have to un check milkyway@home.

Gold Member

I tend to have more problems with Milkyway@Home Separation (Modified Fit), so I stick with Milkyway only. You might start with that to isolate one variable.

If you are running the latest AMD drivers, you may want to roll back to 12.4. Those always seemed to work best for 5xxx and 6xxx cards, at least for me.

Finally, if you can't get it running on both cards, you could exclude the project from using your 6950 in cc_config, but I don't think you should have to do that.

Silver Member

im sorry what I meant was it will only run milkyway@home separtion modified fit. It won't run the milkyway only. I am downloading the older driver now im gonna try it and see what happens!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12