Thread: GPU Grid problem

Gold Member

GPU Grid problem

I have one computer running a GTX 460. Gpu Grid constatly telling me tghat the box has completed the daily limit of 1 work unit. My other computer is running 2 GPU's and gets work all the time. What setting do I have wrong? Both boxes are running Win 10 tech preview build 1049 64 bit with the latest Nvidia drivers and the latest Boinc 64 bit.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Re: GPU Grid problem

Hate to be captain obvious but did you try resetting the project? My 760 wasn't getting work for a day or so and I updated boinc and reset the project and it started getting work again.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlurker View Post
    Hate to be captain obvious but did you try resetting the project? My 760 wasn't getting work for a day or so and I updated boinc and reset the project and it started getting work again.
    Did that. I just noticed that my card has been returning "computation error." I'm wondering if that is the problem. HEH HEH, the card is a EVGA GTX 460 AR with a lifetime warranty. I'm going to try it in the other box then if it does the same thing I will try to RMA it. Maybe I'll luck out and get something a bit better.

Silver Member

Funny this was brought up. Every single time I switch to GPUGrid strait from another project, I always have a few error out. It usually occurs just after I stop and start boinc back up. When dealing with this project, I've gotten in the habbit of making sure I have no work for my nvidia card waiting, reboot the computer and then getting a new wu. Sometimes it helps. Sometimes it still insist on errors in the first 2 or 3 before they start completing like they should. After eing reminded of this just yesterday I have to frown on this as being a possible choice for the Pentathlon. Too much time and too big a potential of getting over half way through just to see it go plop.

Gold Member

Fixed...BOO HOO...Not the video card. I had a 700 watt PS that was very old in the box. Put in a new 850 and it is up and running like a champ. Looks like I am stuck with the GTX 460 for awhile. I did add a GTX 570 (EVGA AR) to the box. Maybe I can burn one of them up. I still have another 570 (AR) on the shelf. I will put it in my other box as soon as I get my RMA memory back from Patriot.