Administrator

Re: who is using an cooler master evo 212

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    .replaced it with a 3770k.
    Aha, no wonder you're getting the huge credits on Sztaki

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    Just turn the temp monitors off, that's what I do and I sleep much better. You're right, the Noctua isn't cheap, but as far as air cooling goes, it doesn't get much better.

I will say one thing about my 8150, it did hold it's value. I paid $199, ran it hard for 2 years and just sold it for $125...replaced it with a 3770k.
    i think i paid 98$'s for mine brand new lol , i think if i am going to spend that much ill save up a lil longer and get a water cooler, just so many options and it confuses me even more , cant we just go back to 1998 when computer stuff was much simpler lol

Gold Member

installed a evo 212 + on the new machine today allsi can say is i wish i knew if it would work this good on the fx 9xxx series
    100% load temps with the stock amd cooler were just shy of the danger zone at 58*c at stock speed
    100% load temps witht he evo are now 35*c max with the fan still basically at idle speed at an 4.4ghz overclock

might have to get another evo to put on my a8 machine so i can throw an even bigger oc on that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12