Thread: Best Random Night Ever?

Platinum Member

Best Random Night Ever?

OK. This is just too weird not to share, so here I go:

I went to my local (beer) bottle shop with a couple friends tonight. Showed up, grabbed a beer, grabbed a table, and all was normal.

That is, until the owner yells something like "Maxwell - two more people, then it's your table's turn for bowling."

Not traditional bowling, mind you. Watermelon bowling. Literally rolling watermelons. Oh - and it was at beer cans. Your goal was to knock down 10 beer cans with a watermelon. Not something you often get to do. And you know what?

I knocked down all 10 cans.

Not only am I that awesome, I was the only person who was that awesome. Which meant that I won watermelon-beer can bowling. My prize? One growler, filled with my choice of beer (I picked 21st Amendment's He Said Baltic Porter), and two 21st Amendment glasses [there was a 21st Amendment Brewery tap takeover].

And there was a raffle giving away random prizes. Of course, because this was my night, I won something. And what was that something? THE WATERMELON WITH WHICH I WON THE BOWLING COMPETITION.

So after enjoying all of that goodness, and doing a little shopping, I closed my tab. Final cost? $66.66. Not a typo - I have the receipt. Of course, I tipped $6.66 on that tab (which is fair, since a hefty chunk of that was retail shopping).

I win.

Diamond Member

Re: Best Random Night Ever?

"Not only am I that awesome"

Best. Quote. Ever.

"Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

So, it gets even better, as it turns out. Right as I got to the bottle shop, I got a random text from a number not in my phone. The text of this text was (and this is a direct quote):

"GOD'S NOT DEAD."

As it turns out, it was from a girl I went on one date with 5ish years ago. My number somehow got in her phone from a backup she did. Of all the random texts on all the random nights, it happened to be on Watermelon Bowling Victory Night. BooYAH!

And yes, zombie, you're right. Not only am I that awesome, but I did provide the Best. Quote. Ever.

Boom!

Diamond Member

This is a cross between "Dear Penthouse Forum" and "The Hangover"....but without all the syphilis.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    This is a cross between "Dear Penthouse Forum" and "The Hangover"....but without all the syphilis.
    That is an odd but very appropriate description...

Silver Member

Congrats Maxwell! You gave me a great idea to suggest to one of our own local pubs. Which reminds me I have a growler of Dumpster Diver Stout all alone in the fridge...need to rectify that tonight!
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Diamond Member

My best nights ever were never random.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever