Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lets see ur computer rooms/desk's

Gold Member

lets see ur computer rooms/desk's

so last night i couldnt sleep so i decided to start reorganizing my computer stuff , and got half of it done
    we'll just call this my crunching , music , work station , opsosite of this im going to have the desk with my gamming pc or i might make it L shapped i havent decided yet
    anyways heres what ive got so far sure some of u guys have much more stuff then i do lmao post it up

Diamond Member

Re: lets see ur computer rooms/desk's

Here are my mac mini crunchers. 8 are 8-thread i7s, 2 are 4 thread i7s, for a total of 72 threads. All but two have GPUs also crunching. They pull about 70 watts each. Each is also set up with linux and windows VM, to be used as needed depending on the project/apps I want to crunch:

I have three of these HAF-X boxes spread around the house. They all look alike, with three r-box's attached. Two have IB-E 6-core CPUs with dual 7970s. One has has a i7-3770 with a TITAN. That's a total of 32 threads. They also have linux VMs to use as needed.

I also have have a 26" retina imac with a i7-3770, and a macbook pro with a mobile i7, that I use for my daily drivers. They add another 16 threads and are also set up with VMs.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Here are my mac mini crunchers. 8 are 8-thread i7s, 2 are 4 thread i7s, for a total of 72 threads. All but two have GPUs also crunching. They pull about 70 watts each. Each is also set up with linux and windows VM, to be used as needed depending on the project/apps I want to crunch:

I have three of these HAF-X boxes spread around the house. They all look alike, with three r-box's attached. Two have IB-E 6-core CPUs with dual 7970s. One has has a i7-3770 with a TITAN. That's a total of 32 threads. They also have linux VMs to use as needed.

I also have have a 26" retina imac with a i7-3770, and a macbook pro with a mobile i7, that I use for my daily drivers. They add another 16 threads and are also set up with VMs.
    Address, dates of vacations and locations of alarms, please.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by myshortpencil View Post
    Address, dates of vacations and locations of alarms, please.
    17800 Camp Williams Rd, Riverton, UT 84065

Feel free to drop in and take whatever you like.

Platinum Member

You seem to have opted not to provide your vacation itinerary, nor the alarm locations. What a shame...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    You seem to have opted not to provide your vacation itinerary, nor the alarm locations. What a shame...
    Shoot Mumps it is government and they are always on vacation ... well let me rephrase that, they don't do any real work

Gold Member

HOLY CRAP zombie
    wish i had that kind of stuff laying around
    1x 8 core amd fx radeon 6550
    1x 4 core amd a8 gt430
    2x core duo's ( one hp all in one pc , and one laptop )
    3 assorted p4 1.8-3.2 ghz ( laptops )
    and im rocking 1x pentium 2 400mhz , and an amd athlon 750mhz just for the hell of it
    might have to start re purposing some of the severs in the server room at work lol

one day i will have an army of 8 core amd machines, with multiple gpu's in each., lol first i need ot invest in a usb kvm so i dont need to change cables around when i need to work on my different pc's when something goes wrong with the network connections
    though those mac mini's are tiny i could fit a whole lot of those in my pc/entertianment room lol

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    17800 Camp Williams Rd, Riverton, UT 84065

Feel free to drop in and take whatever you like.
    In other words, it's all insured. If you steal it, everything gets replaced with upgraded versions

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    In other words, it's all insured. If you steal it, everything gets replaced with upgraded versions
    JPM, you need to click on the link for the address.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    one day i will have an army of 8 core amd machines, with multiple gpu's in each., lol first i need ot invest in a usb kvm so i dont need to change cables around when i need to work on my different pc's when something goes wrong with the network connections
    I originally started with KVMs. What a mess, expensive, and turns out unnecessary. I now use VNC to manage all my hosts, and BOINCtasks to monitor them. It really is very simple. I have a single LCD that I use to attach to machines, on the rare occasion that they are unreachable (and rebooting doesn't solve the issue).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast