Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All Hallow's Eve(Adventures of...)

Silver Member

All Hallow's Eve(Adventures of...)

As I've said before the wife and I really enjoy Halloween. This year has seen us make the purchase of two 1000 watt fog machines to help with our Halloween walkway we have every year. One is a VEI(Low end Chauvet?) and the other is a Fitco fog machine from Spirit of Halloween. Trying a couple different types just to see what, if any differences there are. Managed to get the two stores to compete with each other and they both came down in price and threw in a gallon jug of fluid. Funny thing is the craft store my wife works at carries the glycerin

So now with our 400watt manual Fog machine I have two timed machines. Last year I put up a tarp over the sidewalk to help keep in the fog from the small machine and everybody loved it! Now we are having the Trick-or-Treaters walk around a grave yard setting I've set by the sidewalk before going through the tunnel again. I've been planning on using some snow fencing to keep foot traffic from going to the back yard but my mother gave me a large arch and some ground breakers to help keep with the spooky feel.

271b76505f7893ba68265f243f7fd610.jpg

Hope to get some video of the action this year since we've always been to busy with the action the past years to get pictures before. Last year had over 600 people stop by and we hope to have more this year!
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Gold Member

Re: All Hallow's Eve(Adventures of...)

We used to do some thing for the trick or treaters years ago but now we don't get any at all. My wife buys 1 bag of candy and we end up eating it ourselves.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Silver Member

In the beginning I wasn't sure if we would get many people due to the fact parents are pretty mistrustful. When we first started the mall in town and the senior care center were the only areas that set up for large numbers of people to go. Now several haunted houses have started in town. Jaycees have done one for a few years,the College started one this year, and one private is also starting up.

For our own neighborhood the attitude has been very positive. A couple houses actually allow people through, but most just decorate and greet the people who knock. We've been told before we started there would only be a few people from 6-8pm(stragglers from the Care Center up the hill) then nothing. Now we officially open the gate at 6 but we give candy to those coming out of school(3:30) up until the candy runs out, normally 9-10. Afterwards we take those that help out to dinner, though now that the rail road killed their contract with a few of the restaurants,so now they close at 12am, I may have to just do a back yard BBQ instead.
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

Few of the items we will be "entertaining" the Trick-or-Treaters with:
    FM68353.jpg
    Last edited by Sarge104; 10-24-14 at 04:54 PM.
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

Candy comes today! Or at least the tracker from Oriental Trading is saying that...lol!

Hope it lasts till All Hallows Eve!
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

ORANGE CANDY STRAWS One bag of 240
    GHOST JUICE LIQUID CANDY PACKS Two bags of 12
    GUMMY SEVERED FINGERS Two bags of 42
    TMNT CANDY MIX Two bags of 52
    EYEBALL SWEET CREAMS One bag of 108
    CREEPY CRAWLY CANDY ASSORTMENT One box of 130
    EYEBALL GUMMY Two bags of 46

Over 780 pieces...plus or minus the "taste testing" that occurred after I opened the box. Kids should be pretty happy to stop by, even with all the scares in store for them
    Chad Kroeger

Platinum Member

making me hungry, but i'll pass on the severed fingers...

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    making me hungry, but i'll pass on the severed fingers...
    Wife was disappointed that they didn't offer the "Flesh Fries" we've ordered from them in the past. We'll get some chocolate candy locally but we love to offer the larger gummy pieces. Tried to get the wife to buy locally at first but the amount of candy we purchased would have easily cost three times the amount plus the local gummy offerings are very small packs (like three tiny pieces) of indistinguishable items(appropriately called Boogers).
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

Wishful thinking for next year to accompany the Grave Yard Arch we received this year from my mother.
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

Day before yesterday we had some gusts up to 30mph and I had an idea for the yard. The wife was kind enough to help me throw some pallet wrapping plastic on the fence so that the wind could rip through it and it turned out rather well. Now not only do I have some cushion for people to bounce off of instead of hitting the fence proper it looks like spiders have infested the fence line. Just have to get some pipe cleaners to make up some small spiders and fill up our big leave bag spider and make it look like its climbing the fence with its "children".

Hope to get the grave yard fence line set up on Thursday and maybe get the grave props up if it doesn't look to be too windy. Friday during the day I'll get the props set up as well as the tunnel and get some pictures during the day. Depending if the video is any good I'll try and get some of it uploaded to share after Friday's festivities get done.

Tonight we have a small group going through the spook houses in town. Hope to have fun and get some more ideas for next year!
    Chad Kroeger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast