Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All Hallow's Eve(Adventures of...)

Silver Member

Re: All Hallow's Eve(Adventures of...)

Silver Member

I hope all had and fun and safe All Hallows Eve!

In Addition to our tunnel we also set up a grave yard walk around with one 1000 Watt fog machine attached to a home made fog chiller. Music was provided by an IPOD radio transmitter for both the butcher shop and grave yard. A blow up Arch blocked by additional grave markers covered another 1000 Watt fog machine and led light.

Black lights lit up our porch and “Butcher Shop” and allowed us to display our “wares”. After visitors said the magic words and received their candy the tunnel had a 400 watt fog machine and multiple home made and store purchased items to scare visitors that could not stand jump scares.

Butcher shop.jpg
    Scene from our "Butcher shop"
    fog Chiller.jpg
    "Before" picture of the fog Chiller
    fog Chiller1.jpg
    Fog Chiller inside
    This years fence walker.jpg
    This years "Fence walker"
    Wife and I.jpg
    Wife and I
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Gold Member

looks like you really get into it sarge, I would bet that fun was had by all.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Silver Member

Looks fun! I spend all of last week in bed with strep throat and still aint over it! My wife took our kids out and got some candy but we didn't get to do everything we wanted to do because of me being sick.

All your base are belong to us!

Silver Member

Just a bit of video from our event.

Me and the wife discussing an issue with the little 400 watt fogger. Fixed it just a bit ago, I didn't think it had a screen but there was one that the pump tried to drag through the hose.

Demonstration of the effects in the walkway.

A little bit boring demo of the grave yard effects.

Walk through of the set up.

Just a quick note: My knowledge on video isn't the greatest and these vids will show it. There isn't a lot of light in the videos so many may just get a lot of darkness like I did on my plasma tv and led computer monitor. The weird thing is I showed the videos to some other people on a cheap LED tv and it was like looking at an entirely new video with a lot of detail and the ability to see a lot more of the effects and props. After I figure out what to adjust to bring out those details I will try and get some better videos up.
    Chad Kroeger

Gold Member

sarge when u run out of fog fluid give this stuff ago
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-Fog-C...item4adf07008c

i have tried all different brands of fluid and this stuff hangs around the longest by far and works great outdoors

what did u use inside the fog chiller dry ice?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    sarge when u run out of fog fluid give this stuff ago
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-Fog-C...item4adf07008c

i have tried all different brands of fluid and this stuff hangs around the longest by far and works great outdoors

what did u use inside the fog chiller dry ice?
    Just regular ice since it was still fairly warm out, I'm trying to get a hold of our gas supplier to see if they can acquire dry ice pellets(normally around 75 cents a pound). Past experience with dry ice blocks(locally over a dollar a pound) have a lot of powder when broken.

The fog machine behind the arch I still need to make a chiller for that but the effect was still pretty cool. That fog machine by itself pretty much fogged up the neighborhood .

I've seen some good reviews for that code six fluid but I'm hoping next year to make my own using a 10% distilled water: 90% propylene glycol mix. Of course it's just down to getting a good supply but I've got a year to do so

All and all it was a blast to do and I am looking forward to getting better at setting up year after year. Hopefully next year I will have some better video since a few friends have offered to actually walk around with a camera for us.
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

An edit of the original Walk through video. I found that Windows movie maker did not get rough enough with the video white balance to help me so I had to upload the raw footage to Youtube and use the editor there. I didn't really need to put too much into the balance but I'm still waiting on processing to see if artifact'ing is going to be an issue. If you try and view the video immediately it is still being processed by Youtube (52% done so another half an hour I hope).

Like I said I'm extremely new at the video editing game so I may try and see what I may have missed with the Microsoft software but if that isn't the case I may have to shell out a bit of cash on something that can actually do some post processing for me before I get it to Youtube. Any suggestions?

(90% done as of this edit!)
    Last edited by Sarge104; 11-08-14 at 11:36 PM. Reason: update
    Chad Kroeger

Diamond Member

There are a lot of video editors that you can use without license and try them to see if they fit your proposes or not, usually they put a text for sometime saying it is the free version at the beginning or the end of the video.

Of course you must try and retry things till you have what you want, learning editing is a matter of being stuborn and never give up. You can try to download one (or more) of those on the list and try them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...iting_software
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    Of course you must try and retry things till you have what you want, learning editing is a matter of being stuborn and never give up. You can try to download one (or more) of those on the list and try them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...iting_software
    LOL, if being stubborn isn't the truth! I did take a look at the listing there and tried Lightworks. It's a little over my head in terms of use but I was able to get the video looking halfway decent without the artifacts killing the quality. As I get used to using the software I hope to be able to be a little more decisive with edits to get better videos out but for now just getting those dark videos playable for a wider audience is what I needed. As I read up on the features and begin to understand its uses I think Lightworks will be a very powerful tool before I upload to Youtube.
    Chad Kroeger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast