Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All Hallow's Eve(Adventures of...)

Diamond Member

Re: All Hallow's Eve(Adventures of...)

Well I really dont know much about computers but I worked on Television for about 30 years, I dont think I can make you understand editing and I dont think you can make me understand computers but being stubborn really helps on both or so I think.

Try AVS for a start and never give up, I am sure you will make what you want to do each time a bit more.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    Try AVS for a start and never give up, I am sure you will make what you want to do each time a bit more.
    You just reminded me I had a License key for AVS4YOU software, and I remember they had a lot of cool tools on their site. Will experiment with their video editor and see how it handles. I loved their sound editors so I'm intrigued to see how they handle video as well. Thanks again for the help DUKE!
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

First thoughts on the AVS software. It seems to be 32bit vice 64. While processing it seems to be taking a lot longer then the 64 bit Lightworks software. Other then processing with the handbrake on the design of the software is definitely more NOOB friendly but I will have to do a bit more editing with it to see if it can do what I want.

One minor gripe is the editing window seems to be fixed at a small width x height making it more difficult to do corrections effectively. Again this is just a quick and dirty edit on a clip so I may have not noticed a way to make it larger yet.
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

Original file was 1.82Gig file.
    Shot with Canon Powershot SX20IS

AVS 00:17:38 Processing time
    Final product 176Mb Video Clip (.avi)
    All CPU (high)
    Limited lighting tweaks and small preview window made editing difficult. Result was brighter then original video but still not clear enough to view.

Movie Maker 00:5:00 Processing time
    Final product 302MB MP4 File (.mp4)
    Moderate CPU and moderate GPU
    A lot of front end prep, Lighting tweaks are very limited
    Overall video was still too dark for viewing

Lightworks 00:08:00 Processing time
    Final product 538MB MP4 File (.mp4)
    High CPU and little GPU
    Very clear compared to the original video. Found out the reason the file size was so large was a large amount of added black screen time(making the overall time 30min) was put on the end of the video. Will try and edit that out when I get it processed on Youtube.

Tried to put the final output as high quality as possible even with going with the Youtube MP4 standard
    Last edited by Sarge104; 11-10-14 at 12:51 AM.
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

Edited Lightworks file trimmed down to 11:15 and 154MB after Youtube processing. Obviously the processing time would have been less if I had noticed the added black screen time. Overall I'm happy I went through the hoops to experiment with the different editors and I am excited to use them in the future to make better video.
    Chad Kroeger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123