Thread: Android 5.0 "Lollipop"

Past Administrator

Android 5.0 "Lollipop"

Tom's Hardware: Everything You Need To Know About Android 5.0 Lollipop (Link)

Related News: Tom's Guide - Google's Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 Finally Announced (Link)

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Re: Android 5.0 "Lollipop"

I'm stalling badly as I think almost all projects that are creating Android WU's have said they don't have WU's yet that will work with lollipop. Does anyone know off hand which projects work with Lollipop?

Past Administrator

IIRC Collatz has a working Lollipop app.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

I am curious about Einstein, MW, Asteriods, etc. Pretty sure POGS and SETI are a no go on Lollipop yet.

Diamond Member

"Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Odd, I did the update, and NativeBOINC is acting no different and still crunching POGS no problem.

Platinum Member

Well apparently my main phone didn't take the update, so it chose to do it again this morning and now I have Lollipop on the S5.

Now the bad news, NativeBonic is no longer functional after 30 minutes of testing and reinstalling.

Good news, I installed the Berkley BOINC and it is running WCG, Einstein, and WUProp (after multiple attempts). POGS and Asteroids are not letting me attach to them on this phone. So a little shuffle of projects between the phones and still ok.

Gold Member

NativeBOINC does not return the Android version to the server so if people are using DA's Android logic, then they won't get work. The issue they are having now is that the play store only has the PIE enabled boinc client for Android and that means you must have Android 4.1 or later. So if you have an older device, don't upgrade because it won't run.
    I changed DA's code and decided that if the kernel version was that of my Android 4.4 device or later, then go ahead and send the PIE app else send the old non-PIE app. I haven't had any complaints about it not working (at least not since working the kinks out the the first couple days) but the boinc_dev email list has a rather lengthy discussion going on about why Android and SETI are not playing well together. My guess is that SETI is using the stock Android identification code which doesn't work. That's why I changed it on Collatz.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Diamond Member

Whelp, t-mobile finally updated by LG G2 to lollypop. Now nativeboinc won't run. I have the stock BOINC client running for now. But I don't see anyway to access settings to allow BOINCtasks to manage it remotely.

1) Am I missing it, or id the stock BOINC client still too crippled to use with BOINCtasks?

2) Is there another android BOINC client that will work with lollypop and allow BOINC tasks to work with it?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne