Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 CPID is too much

Diamond Member

3 CPID is too much

473020e039f47d3e68501260c3c84e3d
    57fe3645af2e5a7c7d57517252036439
    80d2f0958c40197882bd7d668d327bce

Are the CPID numbers, I am in fact using the last but for some strange reason BU have 9,100,000 credits on the first account and was crunched by the same computer with the same name and the same email all the other credits of BU are on the last account, on the second CPID I have some projects like: Aqua@Home; QMC@Home; DNA@Home; Spinhenge@Home; Czech National Team Test Project; RSA Lattice Siever; and Pirates@Home.

Can this be solved or better just let it be?
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Platinum Member

Re: 3 CPID is too much

Try adding some projects from each of those CPIDs to the same computer and crunching a WU or two. That's helped me in the past, and would be where I'd start. I solved a CPID issue the other day by doing exactly that.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Try adding some projects from each of those CPIDs to the same computer and crunching a WU or two. That's helped me in the past, and would be where I'd start. I solved a CPID issue the other day by doing exactly that.
    I did exactly that adding DNA and crunching some tasks, let us see what happens now. The thing that puzzle me more is to have 9,100,000 credit on one CPID and the other has 2,418,665,000 both at the same project that is BU. It is strange that the same Project is on 2 different CPIDs. Does that ever happened to anyone of you?

Platinum Member

Is the one with 9.1M credits a new addition to the farm? If so, I can't say that this situation surprises me all that much. I've had some split CPIDs at various times, and it's always super annoying and without any rationale. If you're using the same email address for all projects, this should sort itself out in a day or two. Worst case scenario, we can see if Bok and manually merge your stuff.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Is the one with 9.1M credits a new addition to the farm? If so, I can't say that this situation surprises me all that much. I've had some split CPIDs at various times, and it's always super annoying and without any rationale. If you're using the same email address for all projects, this should sort itself out in a day or two. Worst case scenario, we can see if Bok and manually merge your stuff.
    The 9,1M was the first crunching at BU, it started with a different CPID and then came to the one I am crunching all other projects, those 9,1M just get lost in that CPID. That was really weird because I have never seen nothing like that.

Past Administrator

Hey Duke, did you use a different email account when you added BU to your list of projects? That is what usually causes split CPIDs. Make sure all your projects use the same email account. And like Maxwell suggested, on one machine, you must crunch several wu's from most/all of the projects you have created accounts for. So of course it could take days/weeks to go through all your projects and then you'll have to wait awhile longer for BOINC to sort things out.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Also, don't forget that BOINC cares about case. So Duke_B@someplace.com isn't the same email address (or user) as duke_b@someplace.com.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Hey Duke, did you use a different email account when you added BU to your list of projects? That is what usually causes split CPIDs. Make sure all your projects use the same email account. And like Maxwell suggested, on one machine, you must crunch several wu's from most/all of the projects you have created accounts for. So of course it could take days/weeks to go through all your projects and then you'll have to wait awhile longer for BOINC to sort things out.
    All my project accounts are on the same email, in fact I have only one email, that is consider today a bit freak and that (only) email gives me enough problems already ...

One day I hope that my children would come from me and would not be confused with my email or the children will be known as the son of emailady and emailduke.

Joking of course, just one email address and I am pretty sure that I didn't start this confusion. The confusion just started after a fight against Willy from Boinc stats but maybe just a coincidence, forget that F$ ...

The last identity appeared because Myshortpencil open one account at BU to crunch for me and only after he join other (my) personal projects, Boinc could see that was me.

Meanwhile 9,1 Million lost, anyway I think Bok could solve the problem already, the think that puzzle me most is, when I dont crunch I have more credits in the morning than in the afternoon.

Just let it be F$.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Also, don't forget that BOINC cares about case. So Duke_B@someplace.com isn't the same email address (or user) as duke_b@someplace.com.
    That I did not know. Stupid DA can't filter case out of account creation? At least for that text field? Inane I say.....

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    All my project accounts are on the same email, in fact I have only one email, that is consider today a bit freak and that (only) email gives me enough problems already ...

One day I hope that my children would come from me and would not be confused with my email or the children will be known as the son of emailady and emailduke.

Joking of course, just one email address and I am pretty sure that I didn't start this confusion. The confusion just started after a fight against Willy from Boinc stats but maybe just a coincidence, forget that F$ ...

The last identity appeared because Myshortpencil open one account at BU to crunch for me and only after he join other (my) personal projects, Boinc could see that was me.

Meanwhile 9,1 Million lost, anyway I think Bok could solve the problem already, the think that puzzle me most is, when I dont crunch I have more credits in the morning than in the afternoon.

Just let it be F$.
    Still, try running all the projects you can. And btw, that 9.1 Million credits isn't really lost, just misplaced. Once your CPID is sorted out, those credits will still be there. Just be patient.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

19548 Duke of Buckingham SETI.USA 2,190,000 0 0 9,100,000 832,943 255,926 SETI.USA Portugal

Now that I am really seeing, I am getting even more confused ... what are these 2,190,000 credits for today. DAMN ...

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...s&offset=19548

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast