Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short down time

Silver Member

Angry Short down time

A fortunate downtime on the tower actually saved a lot of my electronics. House still has heat and the fridge seems to be doing ok but I'll be knocked offline till repairs are done. I'm estimating a month but it may be longer, just glad the power company seems to be moving quickly on repairs and my house insurance is sending an adjuster to see how much I'll be able to get to fix the wires in the house.

I'm really glad I had friends with power generators

BTW Merry Christmas!
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Platinum Member

Re: Short down time

Holy crap! Now that's a story begging to be told! Good to at least be able to presume no personal injury occurred as well.

Stay safe and warm!

Silver Member

Unfortunately I don't have more details as I was not home when the power loss occurred. I'm going to talk to the crew working outside today and see what happened and why it made it to the house after work. I'm assuming some type of back feed hit the transformer outside the house and came into the house.

All I know right now is my fuse boxes in the house did work and I think I only lost the Plasma TV and not the entire house due to fire. I'm told the fuse boxes do not work currently so they patched a new one in to get heat going at least.
    Chad Kroeger

Platinum Member

Holy feces!

Glad you're OK and you have heat. Keep us posted on how it's going...

Administrator

You may have to consider yourself lucky, even though it doesn't seem so at this point.

Past Administrator

Wow! Glad you came back to A HOUSE and not a smoking pile! Seriously, that's lucky. Hope you have a Merry Christmas through it all, Sarge, and glad you saved your rig too.

Diamond Member

Merry Christmas Sarge104, nice to have you back.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Silver Member

i am going to be down till at least next year i dont know if my army bud is still working on stuff or now but i have been having computer turble and trying to get ready for leave so i will be out till then

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by E-30 View Post
    i am going to be down till at least next year i dont know if my army bud is still working on stuff or now but i have been having computer turble and trying to get ready for leave so i will be out till then
    Take care and have a fun Holiday E-30, sorry to hear about the computer troubles.

From the discussion with the workers a surge did hit the transformer and got through the insulation. Neighbors that were affected said they heard a gun shot (I'm assuming the transformer blowing) and the block went dead.
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge104 View Post
    Take care and have a fun Holiday E-30, sorry to hear about the computer troubles.

From the discussion with the workers a surge did hit the transformer and got through the insulation. Neighbors that were affected said they heard a gun shot (I'm assuming the transformer blowing) and the block went dead.
    Glad no one was hurt and you still have a house. Scary stuff. A Merry Christmas to you and yours and hope you get everything up and running soon.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast