Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else getting an error page like this?

Administrator

Re: Anyone else getting an error page like this?

I've seen the same thing with Pale Moon, which is FF in another dress.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I've recently been having problems with Firefox on SUSA. I'll do a reply and it hangs up FF. FF starts taking a FULL thread and a bunch of memory. If I shut it down my cpu usage doesn't drop. Looking at TaskMgr FF is still running and using a full thread so I have to terminate it from there.
    Same was happening to me a few days ago. If i let FF sit long enough, it'd gobble up 3+ GB even after i closed the browser. Also started having problems with Tapatalk Pro yesterday afternoon...it worked yesterday morning. Now when i open it, it immediately shuts itself down. Deleted it, reinstalled, and it works until i close it. Will never restart.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Just started getting this - fairly regularly when I am replying to a post or a PM, when I click submit, it asks me if I want to leave this page or cancel, and if I say yes, it does this error when I try to submit my reply. Seems like only with Chrome browser.
    Just not sure if it's something messed up on my end or ?
    Thanks for any thoughts on this one!
    Attachment 1898
    I'm getting the same thing ...

Administrator

I've gotten to the point I won't use FireFox on SUSA. It does as JPM said with the VERY high CPU usage, continues to gobble memory, and when shut down the window closes but it continues to run. It runs anywhere else without a problem. Explorer doesn't seem to have a problem.

One thing I've seen a couple of times that it has hung and I go to close it there will be a popup that says "Shockwave is not responding" or something along those lines.

Platinum Member

My firefox (on Ubuntu) has recently started doing as Bryan mentions, but my system doesn't have enough RAM, and when Firefox starts forcing the system to page, it starts throwing Disk read errors. And it alll seems to stem from something getting pulled up in the Google ads. IP Address 128.199.129.106, which seems to be from Singapore and doesn't even come up with a browser at all... Very suspicious.

Oh, and now that it's been acting better for about a day, it now states that "Firefox prevented Adobe Reader from opening on this page" which is also suspicious.

Past Administrator

I have not had the error all day now! Thanks to BOK if you changed or fixed something!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Just started getting this - fairly regularly when I am replying to a post or a PM, when I click submit, it asks me if I want to leave this page or cancel, and if I say yes, it does this error when I try to submit my reply. Seems like only with Chrome browser.
    Just not sure if it's something messed up on my end or ?
    Thanks for any thoughts on this one!
    Attachment 1898
    I am now! And i can't open the smiley menu to put in an angry face! :/

About 4 or 5 days ago...maybe a week, idr...Firefox started doing the same thing it was doing before, using 500MB, 700MB, 1.5GB of RAM (depending how long i left it open) when visiting these forums. It ONLY happens when i come to these forums. None of the dozens of other sites i frequent daily cause the issue. I thought maybe upgrading to Firefox 35 caused the issue so i went back to 34, which used to work perfectly fine. No dice. Same memory sponge. Then i updated Flash player, which might have had something to do with the cause last time. Same memory sponge. Finally i gave up and installed Chrome and immeditely i see DrPop's error screen. Happens every single time i click any link that leads to another page/thread/menu in these forums. Usually it only lasts a second and fixes itself and loads. But any time i'm posting something it's permanent. I have to remember to ctrl+c any post i make, otherwise it goes poof by the time i can get the page to reload.

Anyone else having these issues lately?

Edit: In Chrome i also notice in the status bar when a page on these forums is loading, it'll say "Waiting for ioscoderz.com". Of course it's a hacker site. So i decided to install AVG and see if i had a virus. Nope. Perfectly clean here as expected. No rootkits, malware, trojans, adware or viruses. Now i can delete AVG before it uses up any more of my CPU cycles
    Last edited by John P. Myers; 01-18-15 at 04:45 PM.

Gold Member

Same here - has been going on for a few days now. When I try to post a thread reply, I get a navigation pop-up window - "leave page"/"stay on page" that is making me very nervous now that you mention the malicious site.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Edit: In Chrome i also notice in the status bar when a page on these forums is loading, it'll say "Waiting for ioscoderz.com". Of course it's a hacker site. So i decided to install AVG and see if i had a virus. Nope. Perfectly clean here as expected. No rootkits, malware, trojans, adware or viruses. Now i can delete AVG before it uses up any more of my CPU cycles
    I got a call today from the IT security section at my office.
    It seems my computer was logged trying to repeatedly access the hacker site ioscoderz.com.

They are going to remotely scan my computer for viruses and send someone up to manually run Malwarebytes.

After reading this post, it is clear that this happened while I was accessing the setiusa.us forum site at work.
    Some how the ioscoderz site is being accessed in the background.
    Upon failure, it tries again repeatedly until I trip a security flag for excessive attempts to access a blocked site.
    I was using Internet Explorer 9.

I didn't think it would be a problem to access the forum at work. I thought wrong.
    I'll try to explain what happened tomorrow.

Diamond Member

I wonder if maybe one of the ad services is infected?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast