Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spare parts

Gold Member

Spare parts

Here are some parts I was going to offer on e-Bay but I will post them here first. I will take offers on the parts. This is a rare motherboard and there is only 1 available on e-Bay at this time and it is an EVGA. Looking for offers.

XFX nForce 780i 3 Way SLI with bridge ( Yes it will take 3 2 slot GPUs)
    Q9300 CPU (no cooler)
    8 gb Kingston HyperX DDR 2 memory (4 x 2gb sticks)

This combo has been working great for me but I have a new Asus board and a 4790K CPU coming and these items have to go before the wife haa real fit. She doesn't want me running more then 3 boxes so I have to use the case I have for the new build.

Just send me a PM and I will take a look at the offers. Thanks.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Gold Member

Re: Spare parts

I sure thought someone could use these. My 4970K is up and running with a Asus Sabertooth H97 Mark 2 and I sure would love to get someone on the Team to use this board and chip.

Platinum Member

I'm also surprised no one wanted those parts. Core 2's are still decent crunchers. I have one myself, though i'm letting the wife believe it's hers for a little while longer

Gold Member

Core 2 plus the 3 way sli makes a good gpu cruncher. Not the fastest on cpu projects but just think....3 gtx 750ti's.

Past Administrator

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd think it's mostly because being a special motherboard, you can probably get a lot more for it on Ebay or something where a person is looking for that exact board. Those of us that aren't invested in a Core2 setup right now, well - it doesn't really make much sense to put for $ into a special board for that socket. Not sure if I'm explaining myself well...it feels later than it is.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    If I had to hazard a guess, I'd think it's mostly because being a special motherboard, you can probably get a lot more for it on Ebay or something where a person is looking for that exact board. Those of us that aren't invested in a Core2 setup right now, well - it doesn't really make much sense to put for $ into a special board for that socket. Not sure if I'm explaining myself well...it feels later than it is.
    I'm sure I could get more for it on eBay but I just thought that I would offer it to someone here first.

Silver Member

I have an older lga775 board in the garage that does boot but haven't touched it in a year. If I can remember I'll check if the mobo can support the ram/cpu. I know it's an AGP Abit board, but thats all I can remember besides its friggin slow.

Edit: sorry you're probably trying to get rid of the whole package, and I should probably start buying newer and more efficient crunching gear, rather than the buy all the cool gear I never had.

Past Administrator

which you did

Administrator

Recently I sold or traded all my gpus that would crunch. In my shortsightedness it left me 2 gpus short of being able to remote in to all my machines. I'm not looking for anything that crunches, but it must support video. ATI or NV is fine. I'll give a fair price and/or pay for shipping if you really want to get rid of it. PM me if you have a dust collector that's just taking up space.

Past Administrator

Sorry for a late reply but I might have a couple of GPUs you can have. One should be a 4870 w/Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo. I'll dig through my stuff this weekend.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast