Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello all - Old timer checking back in !

Silver Member

Re: Hello all - Old timer checking back in !

Hi Kevin Welcome back, great to be crunching with you.

All the best Dave GPU

Platinum Member

Welcome back Kevint! I remember you from back then, though i wasn't on the team too long before you left, but it's great seeing familiar names return.

Crunch on!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Silver Member

I remember crunching SETI@HOME many years ago... I was a member of the team before the server switch and joined on this site when I tried to get back on the old site... I love this team and I'm happy to see another "old timer' rejoin out ranks!

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Past Administrator

So awesome to see you back, Kevin. Please don't ever worry about what or how much you crunch - even a small Android app on your phone works these days - it's just GREAT to have you back on the team and well enough to type out "Hello World" to all of us!

KevinT

Thanks for all the welcomes!! Its good to be back and with a great team. I have done some traveling of the world, pushed past some personal and health crap. Met a terrific gal that lives in the Philippines and working on her immigration papers. Hope to be able to bring her back before the end of the year. I'm back in Utah and working for the "man" again, something that i never thought would happen again since i have been self employed for the past 18 years. Its odd to have to not be the big boss anymore, I sort of like it. However, i am a manager of a team of 9, and i have become somewhat of a slave driver ...

I have not done much researching new projects to attack, suggestions? I put up an old Q6800 with 3 GPU on PrimeG to get my feet wet. and have 3 more boxes ill be building over the next couple days since i have this weekend off. Nothing fancy or new, just from some parts i had laying around. I still have a few old GPU's laying around that are needing to feel the heat.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KevinT View Post
    I have not done much researching new projects to attack, suggestions? I put up an old Q6800 with 3 GPU on PrimeG to get my feet wet. and have 3 more boxes ill be building over the next couple days since i have this weekend off. Nothing fancy or new, just from some parts i had laying around. I still have a few old GPU's laying around that are needing to feel the heat.
    Two suggestions for CPU projects:

Numberfields. You have crunched ~400 credits there, and it pays well. Would be a quick project to start working on your milestones again.
    Universe. We're in a challenge right now on that one, and it also pays pretty well (better in Linux).

GPU:
    Moowrap. You've crunched it, but haven't pushed it super high.
    Bitcoin Utopia. Credits are super high on ASIC devices, but their GPU app pays well. And until we get you some mondo credits on BU, the GPU app should get your feet wet. The "sgminer" apps are the ones you want to select for ATI/AMD cards.

WUProp:
    The big development with WUProp is that they have a badge for the number of hours you commit to specific apps. It's a heck of a lot of fun to chase.

Administrator

Kevin, Great to have you back. I'm a noob by comparison to what you've done for this Team. It will be a pleasure to watch you go back to work regardless of the credit you put up.

What GPUS and we can give you a better idea on where to direct them.

Sphynx - aka just Al

Gold Member

Welcome back. I also remember you from before. It's good to see people coming back to the boards as well as the Team.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Gold Member

Kevin,
    Welcome back. Glad to hear your health is doing better.
    6r39 7r199

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    GPU:
    Moowrap. You've crunched it, but haven't pushed it super high.
    Bitcoin Utopia. Credits are super high on ASIC devices, but their GPU app pays well. And until we get you some mondo credits on BU, the GPU app should get your feet wet. The "sgminer" apps are the ones you want to select for ATI/AMD cards.
    We need to get the man some antminers stat! Surely someone has some lying around?!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast