Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low SETI credit (specifically on GPU)

Re: Low SETI credit (specifically on GPU)

There are a ton of people with really slow computers running SETI so the deadlines are quite long, it will take you at least 2 to 3 weeks for your pending credits to stabilize, so when you first start out it is hard to tell how much credit you are actually getting.

Platinum Member

I'm just happy with my 1500+/- RAC on SETI just from the opencl Intel HD I just got fired up. Need to vastly improve that team rank, slowly.

Gold Member

I noticed that the latest Lunatics Intel GPU app for MultiBeam v7 has increased GPU utilization to the point that my i7 laptop fans spin up quite a bit to keep up. This is good news for the efficiency of the app, but bad news for me on this machine. That laptop sits in my office, and I use ThrottleStop during the day to adjust the CPU multiplier to a level where the fans aren't too loud. Unfortunately, I'm unable to underclock the Intel GPU (I tried using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, but Graphics Tuning is locked) so I can't really run the SETI Intel GPU app 24/7.

The Einstein Intel GPU app grants more credits and runs a bit cooler, but uses more CPU... I'll stick with that on this machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12