Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
1200W pulling 665W is more efficient. If you dropped to a 750W PSU, you would pull more than 665W from the wall to power everything.
That's what I was thinking. I know we had this discussion when I found out my 700w was 50w to low to power the gtx 580 by itself. Recommended was 860w. Figuring in the hd 5850, it went up to 1000w. The only reason I wound up with the 1300w was that it was on sale on newegg for 129 and was less than the 1200w. I really can't complain about it. It powers just about everything under the sun including 2 monarchs with my 1150 at the same time. I haven't really looked at the numbers that the nvidia cards are pulling now. I do know, it will be getting one just to have a balanced system. Something that is at least Compute 4.x or better. I'm guessing the Evga P55 sli pulls quite a bit of power. I tried plugging in a 460, Board went dead. Put my hd 5770 back in it....booted, ran at full load, rebooted and changed the core v by one click. Board went dead. Until the psu is resolved, I'll be walking a tightrope for at least until January,.