Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Projects

Surakon

Projects

Ok now I went and did it, which one of ya wants to earn their pay and help me out here. Wasn't gonna sit around and wait for SETI so I joined PG. OH Man, I'm lost.
    First off my machine is Core2DuoE8400/4G Ram/XFX GeForce9500GT 1GB GPU/Win XP/Kaspersky AV
    I know what your gonna say, but I have XP games I'm not done with,building super computer soon.
    Any suggestions would help (HELP),any optimized apps I need, what apps to use in PG,settings etc.,etc.
    Thanks
    Surakon

Platinum Member

Re: Projects

Here is what I am going to say:

1. Attach to WUProp. It collects data about the work units you run and helps build an information database about various architectures. It doesn't run on CPU, so it is free credits. I have it on all my machines.
    2. Make sure you have updated windows, installed Java, installed the latest NVidia driver, and generally have your machine up-to-date.
    3. PrimeGrid: Select only the PPS Sieve subproject there. Be sure to allow CUDA work units, and deselect CPU work.
    4. Pick any other project to run on your CPU (Step 3 will get PrimeGrid running on your video card). And I would say to pick something you like. If you like medical research, World Community Grid is great. If you like astronomy, Einstein is a good one. If you simply like credits, AndrOINC is great right now.

Hope that helps. Let us know what other questions you have. And welcome! Glad to see you up and running!

Teratoma

32 or 64bit Windows XP?

voteEjordan

Has anyone else's antivirus software flagged WUProp? I use Symantec Endpoint Protection and every now and then it quarantines my WUs!

Teratoma

Yes! Running SEP as well. You need to add the executable as a centralized exception. They update the app quite often. I tried to add the entire BOINC directory but it still see WUprop as a threat.

Surakon

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Here is what I am going to say:

1. Attach to WUProp. It collects data about the work units you run and helps build an information database about various architectures. It doesn't run on CPU, so it is free credits. I have it on all my machines.
    2. Make sure you have updated windows, installed Java, installed the latest NVidia driver, and generally have your machine up-to-date.
    3. PrimeGrid: Select only the PPS Sieve subproject there. Be sure to allow CUDA work units, and deselect CPU work.
    4. Pick any other project to run on your CPU (Step 3 will get PrimeGrid running on your video card). And I would say to pick something you like. If you like medical research, World Community Grid is great. If you like astronomy, Einstein is a good one. If you simply like credits, AndrOINC is great right now.

Hope that helps. Let us know what other questions you have. And welcome! Glad to see you up and running!
    Yup everything up to date,gonna do what u suggest
    Thanks
    Surakon

Surakon

I am having a problem joining team in PG, don't see a join team button?

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surakon View Post
    I am having a problem joining team in PG, don't see a join team button?
    Ditto. I just quit the team to rejoin and see if I could replicate the problem. And I can. So, maybe someone else can tell us how to figure this out?

Past Administrator

Not sure but it looks like team joining for SETI.USA has been turned off. I checked using a dummy account. I also noticed that SETI.USA is the only team (Out of 8 that I checked, Including the "Carl Sagan" Team) that has a link to initiate a request to change the team founder. Interesting.....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

On their homepage, right under where it says returning participants, there is a "Create or Join a team link on the left of the page. Hope that works.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast