Thread: BOINC Disconnected

Administrator

BOINC Disconnected

I've installed BOINC on a new VM and when I first set it up and attached to a project it worked perfectly. After I shut down both BOINC and the VM and then restarted them when I launch BOINC it says "DISCONNECTED" in the bottom right of the BOINC window. There are no tasks, projects, notices etc etc etc.

BOINC IS running ... I can control it from BoincTasks and the resource meter on the host shows that it is running.

So how the heck do I get it "connected" so that I can see what is going on directly from the BOINC window?

Gold Member

Re: BOINC Disconnected

I don't know but under advanced there is an option to shut down connected client, you might have an option to connect if it is shut down. I didn't try, I have enough problems without asking for more.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Platinum Member

That may mean the local client you are trying to run has the wrong pasword configured. Make sure the BOINC Client (boincmgr in Linux installations at least) is being run from the same directory/folder as the boinc --daemon. And make sure it is using the same password as you may have set in the gui_rpc_auth.cfg.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    That may mean the local client you are trying to run has the wrong pasword configured. Make sure the BOINC Client (boincmgr in Linux installations at least) is being run from the same directory/folder as the boinc --daemon. And make sure it is using the same password as you may have set in the gui_rpc_auth.cfg.
    That may be the problem ... I had changed the password in gui_rpc_auth just before I rebooted the VM. Shouldn't BOINC pick that up the next time it is started?