Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: im back

Gold Member

im back

hey guys im back ,
    went threw nasty breakup and just recently , i had bought a new dirtbike , after restoring the dirtbike and putting it back together.The very next day i had a bad wreck at 60-70mph training for a desert race , tore myself up pretty good , broken collar bone & seprated it from my shoulder ,along with breaking my foot , and lots of nasty road rash and brusing. not compliants form me though it could have been alot worse..

anyways figured id pop back on and get back to crunching , i have a few new machines to add amd 9590 with 4x 7990's a second 8320 with 2x 550ti's

so how much stuff did i miss?

Gold Member

Re: im back

Quote Originally Posted by dave c View Post
    hey guys im back ,
    went threw nasty breakup and just recently , i had bought a new dirtbike , after restoring the dirtbike and putting it back together.The very next day i had a bad wreck at 60-70mph training for a desert race , tore myself up pretty good , broken collar bone & seprated it from my shoulder ,along with breaking my foot , and lots of nasty road rash and brusing. not compliants form me though it could have been alot worse..

anyways figured id pop back on and get back to crunching , i have a few new machines to add amd 9590 with 4x 7990's a second 8320 with 2x 550ti's

so how much stuff did i miss?
    Glad you're okay. We did miss you I was wondering what happened to you. You're just in time for the pentathlon, and those GPUs will come in mighty handy!

Vic (mobile)

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    Glad you're okay. We did miss you I was wondering what happened to you. You're just in time for the pentathlon, and those GPUs will come in mighty handy!

Vic (mobile)
    i need to move some of my bitcoin miners out of my house and down to the datacenter i built befor ei can plug those pc's back in, ive actually gotten into mining full time , me and a friend purchased 200th worth of spoondoolies sp31's and built our own datacenter were power is at .03 c kw , got a ton of older hardware still plugged in at my house since the power is free, but once i move 2-3 machines over to the datacenter ill be able to get those pc's back up and crunching

Gold Member

can somone direct me to the thread for the penathalon so i know what to run i cant seem to find it

Administrator

Gold Member

thanks

Gold Member

well i thought i was back before but i am this time , i ended up selling that quad 7990 pc i bought just didnt have the power needed to run it at home
    anyways i built a new pc
    thermaltake core p5 open case
    fx 8320
    32gb ripjaws g.skill ram
    ocz triton 240gb ssd
    2x r9 280x's
    rm 1000 psu
    magicool watercooling system , 360 radiator , cpu waterblock , ind combo resivor and pump

picture with the old 550ti and cx psu and yes the red sata cable is now gone

and my brand new 280x's

going to buy 2x waterblocks for the 280x's and redo the cooling system with hard acrylic tubing to make it really neat

prolly going to stick the 550ti in a sempron computer i have

Diamond Member

It seems very good to me but I dont know much about computers, good to have you back Dave.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Gold Member

thanks duke, anyone know if i should remove the xfire bridges for crunching? working on some primegrid now and it seems both gpus are crunching though one is about 10* hotter then the other

Gold Member

i actually just had to shut it down , gpu 1 hit 92* gpu 2 was sitting at 68*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast