Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grrrrrrr...DNETC WU 8 hrs!

Past Administrator

Grrrrrrr...DNETC WU 8 hrs!

Grrrrrrrrrr...just got the machine back online at midnight. It's been a long go. Came back this morning and 1 DNETC WU was "crunching" at 0% for over 8 hrs. Not very happy about that.

Past Administrator

Re: Grrrrrrr...DNETC WU 8 hrs!

Ok guys...HELP!

Something is up. Same 5870 card...never had these problems before. I just went to the back room to check the rig and...another DNETC WU was hung - going on 2 hrs and some change. Not sure what is going on.

Do you think it could be these new drivers don't like DNETC? I downloaded the new 10.12 last night that are on AMD's site. Any ideas for me to try?
    I set it to Collatz just for the rest of today until we can figure something out...I want to see if it's just DNETC that's a problem or any other projects.
    AndrOINC seems to be running smoothly on the x6 CPU.

Harley

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Ok guys...HELP!

Something is up. Same 5870 card...never had these problems before. I just went to the back room to check the rig and...another DNETC WU was hung - going on 2 hrs and some change. Not sure what is going on.

Do you think it could be these new drivers don't like DNETC? I downloaded the new 10.12 last night that are on AMD's site. Any ideas for me to try?
    I set it to Collatz just for the rest of today until we can figure something out...I want to see if it's just DNETC that's a problem or any other projects.
    AndrOINC seems to be running smoothly on the x6 CPU.

Uh... oh. I had some major problems after running DNETC yesterday and Max is still having problems. Even though our problems are different then your's, they may be related. Are you having any problems running Collatz? Run a few MW wu's and check the task details. What are the clocks readings in the task info?

Shadow

I'd say to try 10.11 or maybe even go back to 10.10. I just installed some new GPU's last week and had similar problems. Ended up going back to older drivers.

Platinum Member

+1 to what Harley said.

I had been running 10.10 stably for a while. I even had the 2x5970 system (4 GPUs) humming along nicely on DNETC up until this recent fiasco. Try 10.10, or bump up and see how 11.2 treats you...

Gold Member

May not make a lick of difference but just as a comparison, what OS's are guys running?

Might be dumb question but did you reset the project DrPop?

Past Administrator

Hold on. If all three of you guys are having issues with DNETC......

But wait a second. Maxwell, I thought your issue was a MW problem not a DNETC problem? I'm confused.... I'm going back over to Maxwell's post.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

OS is Win7 Ultimate 64bit. I will look at exact driver version and see whether or not Collatz worked after I'm done seeing patients today.
    Thanks for the help - not sure what is going on with DNETC, but as this is a fresh build, it could easily be on my end.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    But wait a second. Maxwell, I thought your issue was a MW problem not a DNETC problem? I'm confused.... I'm going back over to Maxwell's post.
    This is actually a general GPU crunching problem I'm having. MW reports clocks in their WUs, and Harley found some of my WUs that were reporting clocks well outside of what I thought I had...

Harley

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Hold on. If all three of you guys are having issues with DNETC......

Maxwell and I both ran DNETC. The problems started when we switched off DNETC to another project. Maxwell ran Collatz and I ran MW. We both got the BSOD. Maxell had been running DNETC for quite a while. I only ran it for a couple of hours (while MW was down). We have similar systems. I got mine working again and Maxwell hasn't. The common factor seems to be DNETC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast