Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downtime

Advisor - Stateside Division

Downtime

TWC must have been doing some work overnight, showing a 5hr outage in my town. All part of the MAXX upgrades as my cable modem is now showing 16 channel downstream.... Just got off the phone with the Signature@Home reps after getting everything fixed up.

It did mean an IP address change, so I had to change the DNS for all the sites. Everything should be working now. Tech did say that I should have the MAXX speeds by end of August at the latest.

Gold Member

Re: Downtime

Don't you just love TWC. Just wait. If they get bought out by Comcast as tghey are talking about you might not have just 5 hour outages. Who knows but I hate cable companies. I ust one for internet access because they are the only ones available in my area except for DSL. Sure wish I had a choice.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    Don't you just love TWC. Just wait. If they get bought out by Comcast as tghey are talking about you might not have just 5 hour outages. Who knows but I hate cable companies. I ust one for internet access because they are the only ones available in my area except for DSL. Sure wish I had a choice.
    I have two choices for internet: Comcast and slow DSL. I tried comcast, but their equipment didn't work and customer service was so awful that I dumped them and opted for the slow DSL. It's annoying, but at least it's stable and doesn't make me want to go cry in the shower...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    I have two choices for internet: Comcast and slow DSL. I tried comcast, but their equipment didn't work and customer service was so awful that I dumped them and opted for the slow DSL. It's annoying, but at least it's stable and doesn't make me want to go cry in the shower...
    Thanks for the insight on Comcast since they are trying to buy TWC. My daughter has Comcast and all I hear are complaints. I'm not looking forward to having to put up with a change in internet providers. Satellite maybe? Hopefully someday.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Just a severe storm this time, knocked out power for an hour or two.. All back.

Platinum Member

Let's not make this a habit Bok.

Sorry guys - going to need a few more outages I think.

I'm *trying* to replace my firewall. Failed at that today. I've got a new EdgeMax Lite firewall, plugged it all in, works great for getting out, but the NAT rules for port 80 I can't get to work. Followed a bunch of guides and I thought I got it partially working at one point (could get to free-dc.org) but the others didn't work. Frustrating because it picked up a new IP address too so I had to change DNS. After a few hours I gave up and put my old one back in place and again even more strange it reverted back to the former IP address!! Change DNS again.

I'm told I'll be getting the MAXX speed upgrade on July 15th (300down/20 up), but unless I can get the new firewall in place it will only handle 100 down

sigh.

Diamond Member

Networking problems are the worst kind!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

I'm going to give this another go, so everything will be down for a while shortly..

is it working? Appears to be from this end. IP address changed of course so might take a few minutes to propagate...

Please let me know..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast