Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook group...

Silver Member

Re: Facebook group...

Quote Originally Posted by Shandia View Post
    Contact has been made and he says it will be fixed.
    Yay!!! That's a good thing!

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shandia View Post
    Contact has been made and he says it will be fixed.
    Great thanks!

Vic (mobile)

Silver Member

Doing a good look, I found the list of admins. The mention of them on the page was right on the money. Knowing Aaron, I shot him a message and got an immediate reply. How long it will take, who knows.

Silver Member

Actually, this problem brings up a question. There is an ongoing thing with a member on the Facebook page who is having issues gaining member status here. Other than seeing the different admins posting stuff, there really isn't a list for who is in charge of what. When F$ was an active part of the team, there really wasn't a question about who to contact. Maybe there needs to be a master list for admins so basic questions can be sent directly to them.

With the guy in question on Facebook, my questions are being slightly dodged. I've asked for his Boinc user name and hope to get a reply soon. As it is, he states he is not allowed to post on the forum, including the part where new members get full access. It almost makes me wonder if there is a new unknown feature with the site. (I know one must take an active stance on the forums before one can make new post) Then again, it makes me wonder about his status in general. I'll look up his info on DC when I get his user name to verify he is an actual cruncher and one of us. Once I see what is up, it would be nice to be able to forward the info onto the admin in charge of members as well as responding to his request.

There really needs to be an active liaison between the Facebook page and the forums. It just seems to be slightly disconnected at this moment. (members on vacation.....MIA....isn't very helpful at times despite being understandable) Scraping in new members into the forums shouldn't be as difficult as it is. I know the procedures are here for a reason and sometimes team security needs a few hoops to be jumped through. The last thing we really want is members from other teams to be spying on us about......what we're listening to and so forth. After having my P3DN profile turned down and reported as spam, they will not get any help from me.

Administrator

You can send his info to me, but in most cases they get tentative membership immediately. It's pretty rare that I delete someone right off the bat, unless their email is obvious spam. More than likely he's / she's not following the directions.

Silver Member

Discussion time! There are a couple of people posting "stories" on the Facebook page. The ones written by Posey are a little entertaining and dealing with aliens somewhat. (It was ALIENS!!!) The one written by Rolando, a little less. i halfway wanted to remove them due to them not pertaining to crunching, scientific study, tech, Boinc, or anything related to the team. I turned a blind eye to them because there are no rules or guidelines about content.....other than the universal unwritten understanding that the site is not to be used as a place to sell garbage--ie spam. On the page, it does have a place for rules and guidelines for people who wish to post can follow. I'm bringing this point up because Carlos did report them. If I wasn't an admin, I would of done the same thing. lol None the less, removing without explanation of said remove seems a little much considering, like I said, there are no rules or guidelines about what can be posted.

Using my better judgement and dictating terms without any consensus from the team would be overstepping one's authority in this case. We as a group need to come up with guidelines about posting so there is no misunderstanding about what is appropriate on that forum. All input is appreciated by anyone here......yes, you too Carlos since you had the nerve to stand up and report that dribble.Once we come to a consensus of what the guidelines are, I'll be more than happy to post them under that tab and then allow a little time for the authors to see it before removing anything. ;-)

Silver Member

In my opinion, posts that are not related to the topic of the page are not acceptable. I've removed the posts and the authors as they did not relate to our page. I feel that if someone needs to post lots of things like that, they can create their own group or page... it's not that hard to do!

We probably should put some guidelines up, but common sense should let folks know that if it's not related to our purpose here, it's not acceptable on our page either!

I know that "common sense" is in short supply these days, but really...

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Silver Member

I totally agree. If it's not related to what we do or our interest in general, it doesn't belong. Had a little chat with Carlos. He suggested we abandon that page and start over. lol Sad to say, doing that will solve nothing. Yes, we need to plainly post the guidelines and rules about posting just so it's clear to everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12