Since I've joined SUSA i've collected a bit of hardware, nothing to the point of some of our members but more than I can personally use. I guess a little back story...

Last winter TankMaster made me an amazing deal on a highend ivybridge setup, the only issues were it needed an OS and that the 7970 wasn't working. I bought a used 7970 for it, and it runs well but loud and very hot on double precision. It's been really good on poem. It also has two rather slow and small HDDs, no SSD.

Specs:
3770k 4c/8t
Asus Maximus Extreme z77
7970 ghz
16gb ram
corsair 750watt gold
2xslow hdds

My personal rig:
3570k 4c/4t
asus sabertooth z77
r9-270x
16gb ram
corsair 650watt
1xSSD
1xHDD

Right now i feel like the 270x isn't enough for some of the games/settings I want to play. The 7970 is way too loud to use in its current form in personal rig. I bought an Antec h2O 650 closed loop cooler to mod the 7970. Question is: if all goes well with the mod results do I move it into personal rig? Is the power supply enough? Should I just rebuild the systems, combine the parts of the two into the best personal config? If i did that I would pretty much have to reinstall everything on both. This almost feels rhetorical and just trying to think out loud but any input would be great.