Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Need Recommendations on a New Build

Platinum Member

Re: Need Recommendations on a New Build

On June 29th there will be new cards from AMD available, and will be mid to low range. Most expensive one should be around $229 and go down from there. The Rx 460 should be around the same price ($129?) as a 950 and should perform better, but exact performance isn't known yet. TDP should be 75W or less.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by FourOh View Post
    I have a GTX 960 that I picked up cheap prior to the Pentathlon. If you're looking in that range, I'm happy to pass on the savings.
    Thank you but I need to find something to put it in first.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    Thank you but I need to find something to put it in first.
    Weird, I always work the other way around. I buy a bunch of GPUs and then... oops, need to build more rigs to put them in!!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by FourOh View Post
    Weird, I always work the other way around. I buy a bunch of GPUs and then... oops, need to build more rigs to put them in!!
    lol I understand completely. Back in 2010 I had a couple of Optiplex GX-280's that I got from work. It bugged me that it was a single core with on-board video that wouldn't do anything. So I'd buy a cheap GPU that would fit in it but had to change out the PSU... they don't just swap unless you modify the case. They never gave me very many credits because of the single-core but boy they would crank out Milkyway and DNETC with the new GPU.

I couldn't stand having hardware that I couldn't put to good use... and I'm starting to feel that itch again but like NASA says, "No bucks, no Buck Rogers".
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011