Thread: Free 8GB Corsair DDR 3 Memory

Past Admin

Free 8GB Corsair DDR 3 Memory

Nothing is truly ever free is it? Here is the catch, I was getting random bsod until I pulled these two memory modules from my rig. The blue screens only happened every now and then but was annoying. Since pulling these sticks I've not had a blue screen incident. So, anyone want to take a shot on these I'll send them out? Otherwise they go on the shelf. A can't believe they still sell these and want $70.00 for the pair. Anything for the team.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233147

Administrator

Re: Free 8GB Corsair DDR 3 Memory

I'd be willing to give them a shot, but there is no way those heatsinks will fit under my coolers.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    I'd be willing to give them a shot, but there is no way those heatsinks will fit under my coolers.
    The heatsinks can be removed with good cooling should be no problem. PM me your info and I'll get them out this week.

Gold Member

I've had good luck getting warranty replacements from Corsair, even if I wasn't 100% sure they were bad

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by FourOh View Post
    I've had good luck getting warranty replacements from Corsair, even if I wasn't 100% sure they were bad
    I did not even think to check if these were under warranty. To my surprise, I find that the memory has a lifetime limited warranty. I'll RMA and see what they say. Thank for the info.

Silver Member

Hey mike by chance was the bsod something like "pfnlist corrupted"? I had some random bsods and that was my error. I can't remember if it was pre or post a memory swap. Either way while troubleshooting I turned on a windows feature to catch " bad drivers" but I haven't gotten it in a while. The memory I pulled was Samsung, memory in their now is corsair.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Past Admin

Nope. All Memory. Once I removed the 2 sticks the BSOD went awa\y. I still ahve to send them in for a new pair and will do it when I go on vacation (holiday if your across the pond ) in a ten days.