Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Eastern Shore of Maryland

Patkovic

Greetings from Eastern Shore of Maryland

Greetings. The name is Boris and just started doing this, after reading about it, and how my "Idle" Computer time can be put to good use. I picked this Team after looking around. Have only been on for this Month, like the 13th, and know very little about what I should probably know. My system is no Super Computer, but I guess every little bit helps. Thanks for having me.

Administrator

Re: Greetings from Eastern Shore of Maryland

Welcome Boris! We have lots of great people here to help you get started.

You might want to START HERE to get going on your team membership and access to all of our message boards.

Diamond Member

Welcome Patkovic.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Silver Member

Welcome Boris. you are among good company. Many of us don't have super computers either so no worries. A few of us.....um......yeah. Once we are hooked into the scheme of things, we all slowly start upgrading and building on to what we have. I started with 4 PC's and still mainly use 4 PC's. Of course my P3 and P4 were mothballed when minor upgrades showed up. Anything you have willing to help others is great. It's for Science after all. Of course, most of us really don't believe that to be the reason to keep going on and building up.

Platinum Member

Hey Boris! I did my undergrad at Salisbury. Class of '00.

Patkovic

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    Welcome Boris! We have lots of great people here to help you get started.

You might want to START HERE to get going on your team membership and access to all of our message boards.
    Thanks ,Much. Went there and posted.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Patkovic View Post
    Thanks ,Much. Went there and posted.
    The Eagle has landed...under your screen name. Welcome to the boards!

Gold Member

Welcome and don't be a stranger. Good group here and lots of people who can answer your questions. Just ask and remember 1 computer or several hundred are welcome.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Patkovic

Cool. You should see the place now. Building all over the place and buying up every property near it. Thanks

Patkovic

Quote Originally Posted by Shandia View Post
    Welcome Boris. you are among good company. Many of us don't have super computers either so no worries. A few of us.....um......yeah. Once we are hooked into the scheme of things, we all slowly start upgrading and building on to what we have. I started with 4 PC's and still mainly use 4 PC's. Of course my P3 and P4 were mothballed when minor upgrades showed up. Anything you have willing to help others is great. It's for Science after all. Of course, most of us really don't believe that to be the reason to keep going on and building up.
    Thank you all for the Welcome. My first Machine was a "Tandy" Model 4, when they first came out. I had the first one in the area and had two external 5 meg hard drives at the time and the first 24 pin printer. Shows how long ago that was. Ran a BBS for Ham Radio for a few years, before Internet. Didn't keep up with it like I should have. Know a little bit, but no expert. Have already picked up a few good tips. Again, thanks all for the Welcome, and if anyone can look at my Computer system to se what I am running and has any tips on efficiency, it would be more than appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast