Thread: Gerasim@home XML document error

Silver Member

Gerasim@home XML document error

"Cannot load request into XML document"

If you're receiving this from the project try going to another project's website such as Einstein and edit the global boinc preferences. Here's a link: https://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/prefs.php?subset=global to your accounts global boinc preferences at Einstein. After you update on the web page, ensure you update einstein in boinc manager. Reset the gerasim project and hope all is well.
    Last edited by MindCrime; 11-29-15 at 05:47 PM.

Platinum Member

Re: Gerasim@home XML document error

Interesting. I just tried this, using SETI as my "project" to tweak and it doesn't seem to have helped. I'll have to try with a different project, like the Einstein you mentioned, to see if that's any better.

Updated an unused venue at the project.
    Waited a bit then hit update in the client.
    Hit reset in the client on Gerasim and waited a bit then hit Update on Gerasim.
    Still get the XML error.

Maybe I'll try updating the venue this sample host is actually assigned to next time.

Silver Member

Re: Gerasim@home XML document error

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Interesting. I just tried this, using SETI as my "project" to tweak and it doesn't seem to have helped. I'll have to try with a different project, like the Einstein you mentioned, to see if that's any better.

Updated an unused venue at the project.
    Waited a bit then hit update in the client.
    Hit reset in the client on Gerasim and waited a bit then hit Update on Gerasim.
    Still get the XML error.

Maybe I'll try updating the venue this sample host is actually assigned to next time.
    Try editing the "location" the machine in question uses. I don't think you need to change any settings just need to resave it. I figure there's a missing value or improper tag that gerasim server wants.

There's a thread on this in gerasim boards, seemed vague until I just did it.

Found this in their thread:

"Usually that happens when PC has global prefs from WCG or SAT@home. In that case global prefs has invalid xml format.
    *global prefs included in scheduler request.

Solution: keep global prefs in another project."
    Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MindCrime; 01-04-16 at 06:55 PM.