Last night (and this morning) I saw something on a 24 thread machine I've never seen before. I had one running WCG FAH2 but I suspended that and brought up Seti V8 from Seti Beta. Initially all 24 threads began crunching but within the hour 8 threads went to "waiting to run". I couldn't figure out what was going on but after about 15 minutes those 8 threads began crunching again so I figured it was just some anomaly.

6 hours later I looked at that machine again and 16 threads were running and 8 were waiting to run. All 24 WU were started at the same time and I had 8 that had run for 8 hours, 8 @ 5 hours, and 8 @ 4 hours so during the night the waiting to run thing had happened multiple times. I rebooted the machine which cleared the WCG out of memory and the same thing happened with the Seti V8. It isn't a memory problem, heat, or disc.

I changed the "use at most" setting from 0, which is supposed to mean no restriction, to 100% and all threads came to life. I've watched it over the past 3 hours and none of the threads have gone to waiting to run.

I then noticed a 2nd 24 thread machine that was running WCG was doing the same thing only slightly different. It began turning in WU. After the 1st 8 were submitted they began crunching new WU. After 20 minutes those 8 WU went to waiting to run. I changed the use at most setting to 100% and all threads became active. Here again in the past 3 hours no threads have dropped off line.

I've never seen this before so I don't have a clue what is actually going on but so far changing the value from 0 to 100% seems to have rectified the problem.