Thread: Stop Windows 10 From Spying On You

Platinum Member

Stop Windows 10 From Spying On You

Even if you disabled all of M$'s spying options when you installed Win10, then disabled all the ones you have access to after installing is complete, you're probably still not safe because if you've ever downloaded and installed a Win 10 update (which M$ does not allow you to prevent, or even give you notice that it's happening), it ***will re-enable*** some of of the spying you disabled.

Check out this video to learn how to solve the problem as best as possible and learn more about the shady business practices that now define what M$ has become...

It'll also save you some bandwidth and free up a few clock cycles for crunching

Diamond Member

Re: Stop Windows 10 From Spying On You

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Even if you disabled all of M$'s spying options when you installed Win10, then disabled all the ones you have access to after installing is complete, you're probably still not safe because if you've ever downloaded and installed a Win 10 update (which M$ does not allow you to prevent, or even give you notice that it's happening), it ***will re-enable*** some of of the spying you disabled.

Check out this video to learn how to solve the problem as best as possible and learn more about the shady business practices that now define what M$ has become...

It'll also save you some bandwidth and free up a few clock cycles for crunching
    What happened to the world, to the rights, to freedom, good that I will go soon, I wouldn't want to live in a world like that .. unfortunately I still am, not for very long I hope ... freedom as been so important to me.

My sons will live in an open jail ... not fair to them or to me that had fight for freedom all my life, well life isn't fair, never is. Sadness in the end of life and more made in the country I loved most, defender of freedom (in other times), get me back in time, I need to try again for my children, damn life.
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 12-10-15 at 10:20 PM.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Platinum Member

Administrator

I installed Anti-Beacon and blocked everything. After the next windows 10 update the P2P was re-enabled, partially anyway. I reblocked it completely. I see Anti-Beacon is now compatible with Win 7 and 8. Might be worth looking into even if you don't run Win 10.

Past Administrator

Anti-Beacon FTW!!!!

Thanks for the tips guys.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

I'm not near as geekie as some of you, but in my reading on MajorGeeks there is a bug in this program. The post is 3 months old and it may have been fixed but I didn't find anything saying it had been. MajorGeeks also recommends a different program http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...10_spying.html I don't know much about either just saying
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Silver Member

LMAO!

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Silver Member

I know how to disable automatic updates!!! and it works. control panel-adminstrative tools-services-windows update. select disable

or something close to that, I'm typing this on a w7 machine, but I have a few and it works!

HF

Past Administrator

Not sure if I've posted this b4 but think it's worth a possible repeat.

Windows 10 has a spyware "feature" that regularly (at random intervals) grabs a screenshot of your desktop and sends it back to Redmond.
    This video shows the data stream being captured and converted to two individual files. One as a jpg file and the other as a png file.

Note that from what I've been told, this feature is part of the OS core, so disabling it will stop Win10 (all versions below Pro) form booting. Also, Redmond will remove this feature from the Win10 Corp. Edition. After all, Redmond cannot allow spying on itself....

From my pov, M$ is still full bore on track to be an irrelevant OS provider by 2017.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6