Thread: Gridcoin: check your tasks

Diamond Member

Gridcoin: check your tasks

If you have tasks that won't report, you will probably have to detach/re-atach. They had a disk failure, and had to restore from 60 days ago. In fact, your account on the project may no longer even exist.

So check your tasks, and take action if necessary.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Re: Gridcoin: check your tasks

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    If you have tasks that won't report, you will probably have to detach/re-atach. They had a disk failure, and had to restore from 60 days ago. In fact, your account on the project may no longer even exist.

So check your tasks, and take action if necessary.
    There's a lot of unhappy campers over on their forums complaining about lost credits. I was one whose entire account was gone along with 20k credits and badges.. Oh well.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by nanoprobe View Post
    There's a lot of unhappy campers over on their forums complaining about lost credits. I was one whose entire account was gone along with 20k credits and badges.. Oh well.
    Badges? I didn't get no stickin badges

EDIT: I'm stuck running for TSBT. When I 1st signed up you had 60 seconds to join a team or it deleted your account, TSBT was active but SUSA hadn't signed up yet. I'm afraid to make a changes to my account on that project!!!!!

Diamond Member

It's all NCI anyway, so it's lot like we sacrificed credits at other projects to run it. Whatever. I got my wuprop hours!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

(
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Badges? I didn't get no stickin badges
    They never showed in any of my sigs but they were there when I went to "my account" on the website. That project has so many issues I don't know why I even bother with it. Like Zombie said, seems only good for WUprop hours.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    It's all NCI anyway, so it's lot like we sacrificed credits at other projects to run it. Whatever. I got my wuprop hours!
    I wish it was as NCI as WuProp and Goofygrid. I monitored it because I noticed my Graphics card temps were fluctuating alot. At times the app would take over a full core which ended up starving the GPU. It also raised hell with MSSE so much that it would also take over a full core. I had to exclude the BOINC folders from scans to stop that crap. It seems to be a very touchy subject with the dev because when I mentioned the issues on the Gridcoin site my posts were deleted.

Administrator

I wish it was as NCI as WuProp and Goofygrid. I monitored it because I noticed my Graphics card temps were fluctuating alot. At times the app would take over a full core which ended up starving the GPU. It also raised hell with MSSE so much that it would also take over a full core. I had to exclude the BOINC folders from scans to stop that crap. It seems to be a very touchy subject with the dev because when I mentioned the issues on the Gridcoin site my posts were deleted.
    Unresolved issues probably hurt the recruiting process...delete the issues and the problem goes away.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    Unresolved issues probably hurt the recruiting process...delete the issues and the problem goes away.
    Agree but nothing seems to ever get fixed. The GF message boards now have a full time mod, sysop, whatever but all he can do is forward the the issues to the dev who does nothing.

Administrator

(
    They never showed in any of my sigs but they were there when I went to "my account" on the website. That project has so many issues I don't know why I even bother with it. Like Zombie said, seems only good for WUprop hours.
    Heck I've got 1.7M credits on it and the only badge I have is the 5% RAC badge