Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life knocked me out pretty good..

Past Admin

Life knocked me out pretty good..

Hello there,

I am not sure if I posted this in the rigth section. Itīs been a long time since my last check in here.

Just wanted to post that Iīm still alive and kicking. But not chrunching. Doubt that I can return. My computer these days is barely capable of surfing the web.

Back in the days, I where very active both in crunching and on the boards. At least I can still participate here...

Life had me knocked out pretty good there for a while. Got fired. I am now diagnosed with Diabetes and my parents died just within week of each other.

Have a great day.

Beerdrinker
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Gold Member

Re: Life knocked me out pretty good..

Hi Beerdrinker, I have been wondering about you, hadn't seen you in a while. sorry to hear about the problems and your loss. really glad to hear that you are alive and kicking and I hope you get back to appoint where you can crunch but will be nice to see you bon the boards. Wishing you well
    Rick
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Gold Member

Welcome back Beerdrinker. Sorry about all your troubles but it is good to hear from you and I hope we see you again.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Past Admin

Damn bad news Beer. I am glad to see you up and around. You always have a home here.

Silver Member

I know about diabetes, and losing parents... been fired a few times too... I'm sure you will get back up and running when you can! Courage, my friend!

Be Strong and Stay Positive!

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Administrator

Whether you crunch or not, it's always good to have old friends back.

Diamond Member

That sucks out loud! Sorry for your loss.

If a computer of some sort happened to show up, would you be interested in crunching?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

Keep strong as you always have been, life will smile at you once again, there are lot of things we cant control.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    That sucks out loud! Sorry for your loss.

If a computer of some sort happened to show up, would you be interested in crunching?
    One always have the itch rigth? Crunching has been huge part of my life, and I always enjoyed it with my small time donation for the good cause.

Well, I have a case and some sort of Asrock board I know that works. Pretty sure I have a 3-400W PSU as my son upgraded his last year. (heīs moved from my house. Studying near by. Wantīs to be some sort of IT supporter)

So that means I have to dig up a CPU, some memory sticks and a harddrive to be in business.

I did get a new job though. Itīs just like 35 miles from home (thatīs a pretty good distance in Denmark, since we are not used to long distances) so I bougth a car with the help from my bank, and I am making the trip every day. The diabetes I am almost in control with. A good thing about our 50% taxes in Denmark, it that itīs absolutely free of charge to go the doctor and hospital. So that helped me a great deal overcoming this. That meant that only medicine expenses have to be covered - and itīs not that espensive. Fortunately I have the Type2, which for know can be kept in check with pills and better diet. (thatīs where that nice lady from the hospital kicked in. She is a dietitian. And a darn pretty one too :: )

Thanks for all the great posts. It warms my heart. I definately will be keeping in touch with you guys. Even if I canīt mangage to crunch rigth away!

Have a pleasant day!
    Beerdrinker
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Past Administrator

Beer! Damn, it's good to zee you back on the boards. I kept wondering were you got off to. I'm very sorry to hear the bad news. I toorecently lost anclose family member. It really sucks....

Plz let me know if I can help in any way. I still have that Gigabyte MB you sent me several years ago.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast